7: Alphas Will be Alphas... Right?

So just for reference: there are 17 total chapters for this book, a part with baby names to clear up confusion, and possibly a special chapter. I'm considering not publishing it for everyone, and just giving it to those that are actively participating and stuff. It won't be anything related to the plot, just more information on some side characters.

Once we arrive at the Red Moon Pack House, we were greeted by the Junior alpha and beta. They both nod to D and I while smiling.
"Welcome to the Red Moon Pack. I am Alpha Jordan, and this is my Beta, Kade." The taller one says.
"Thank you, I am Ryner," I point to myself, "and Ryder," I point to my twin.
'Do you smell that?' Frost asks me.
'Of course I smell that. But what good would it do to jump on the alpha in front of his beta, and the rest of his pack?' I respond to my wolf in a 'duh' tone.
'Right... Sorry. Just making sure I wasn't imagining things.' Frost days sadly. I make a sympathetic face in the link and block it, attempting to tune into the conversation around me.
"Let's take this to my office, shall we?" The alpha says.
I feel the beta, Kade, I think his name was, looking at me. I look back with a single eyebrow raised. He looks away quickly.
"Let's go then." Ryder says finally, noticing the semi-tense atmosphere surrounding the four of us.
"Okay. Let's." The alpha says, turning towards the doorway of the pack house.
The alpha leads the way through the large house, promising a grand tour after we get settled in. We pass multiple living rooms and a children's play area before we reach the Alpha and Beta's conjoined office. Once we all piled inside the office, the Beta closes the door softly, and makes his way to stand next to the alpha, who is sitting patiently behind his desk.
"Okay first things first: where is John?" I ask them both, and see then flinch ever so slightly.
"My father is dead." My mate, the alpha, says.
"I am sorry for your loss." I say to him, nodding my head once in acknowledgment.
"Thank you. Now for your living arrangements. There is a villa to the right at the pack house, and the refrigerator is already fully stocked." I nod at this. "If you need anything, you can come see Kade and I about it, and we will see what we are able to do about it." My mate finishes speaking.
'Bro, you do realize that he is our mate, right?' The question my brother asks me comes out more as a statement.
'Yes, Ryder, and I will tell you the same thing I told Frost. It would not do any good to jump on the alpha in front of his beta.' I tell my brother through the link. I see him noticeably deflate at that through my peripheral vision, making me smirk.
"I think we need to talk about our current predicament." D says confidently.
Great. Now we have to talk about this. Immediately. I would have been perfectly fine talking about this tomorrow, after we all had a good night's rest. We did ride the whole 8 hour drive after all. And I drove.
I send a glare at my brother through our link. Ryder just stuck his tongue out at me.
I nod to the alpha, and it seems that his beta and himself are mind-linking.
JORDAN POV
'Before they say anything about it, the Royal twins are also my mates... apparently.' I tell my best friend and beta, hearing Ryder (I think) say something about the 'current predicament.' I assumed they were talking about the whole mate thing, and I wanted Kade to hear it from me first. I just hope I'm not wrong about this.
'You're just joking, right?' Kade asks me. When I look at him, his face shows complete disbelief.
'No, I'm not. And I would like to discuss it with them in private if you don't mind. And I need to tell them about Kyle.'I deadpan.
Kade nods once, and turns to exit our shared office. Once at the office's door, he nods once to each of my new mates, and leaves my office.
I hear him faintly squealing for joy in our private link. If I concentrate really hard, I can feel the slowly closing hole in the link. It feels like a void is there. A void that should've been filled by Noah. He was supposed to be my gamma, the third in command in the pack, and my other best friend.
I'm brought out of my train of thoughts by one of my mates clearing their throats. I look up at them both and realize I had been zoning out, thinking about my lost best friend.
"Umm...sorry. Did you say something?" I ask the tallest one, who seems to be the one who cleared his throat.
"Yes, actually. I wanted to know if you realized that us 3 were-are mates." he fixed his statement, which I think was supposed to come out as a question, mid-sentence.
"Yes, I did know. But I also have another mate, and I'm not sure if he is yours, though." I try to remain cordial and civil throughout my whole statement, trying to get straight to the point. But at the same time, I couldn't help but let the sadness seep into my words and fall from them like rain. I missed him, and he probably didn't even miss me.
My mates immediately started sniffing me out. When they found no trace of another male on me, the tall one just raised an eyebrow and the shorter one crossed his arms questioningly.
Great. Now they will think I'm lying about everything.
'I guess we know which is the sub out of the two of them.' Ezekiel snorts while smirking. I roll my eyes inwardly to my wolf.
'Yeah, and we know which one you'll like more too.' I reply back, smirking when he grumbles inaudibly and closes the link.
"We don't smell him, or see his mark on your neck. where is he?" Surprisingly, the shorter one, who I think is Ryder, speaks sassily. This is only the second time he's spoken today.
"He was actually captured by a rogue pack." I say solemnly.
"Do you know this rogue pack well?" The person I'm guessing is Ryder speaks yet again.
"Yes, actually. The alpha was supposed to be my gamma. We grew up together, but he went rogue when we were about 13 years old, though. His pack is actually in the next town over." I say sadly. I look down in my lap where my hands lay folded together.