Chapter 27:the sanctum

((Above is the way I imagine Hazelline :D Disclaimer:random image of person I found on the internet and I edited it with paint 3d to make her look like Hazelline.))

Ariefli is in a corner with her knees to her chest,last I saw anyway – the air was too thick to see the other end of the 3m by 3m metal box.

How many days has it been? I was never good at time-keeping. It got particularly bad after the repeated experimentation and kidnapping – I suppose it's lucky I escaped with my sanity(not that I was completely sane to begin with,I mean who on Earth stays in a minivan an entire night at age 13 waiting for an unknown secret organisation?I was such a messed up kid.)

The entire room is covered in thick foul-smelling fog which is vaporised blue which is supposed to make you high as a beanstalk and smart as a vegetable.

In other words,this is the braindoom room – but they call it the sanctum.

I kick the wall of the metal chamber in frustration for the 6th time today.In fact there was a small dent.It made me smile.

"It's no use kicking the wall y'know."Hazel said.

So I punched it. I wanted to feel something in return for what I had done.

It was all my fault. I can't believe I trusted him.

I knew he was good. But what kind of good? What did good even mean in the balance of the world?

It wasn't wrong of him to try and reach his brother.And betraying me? I was cool with that,I deserved it for being so stupidly trusting again.

Even after all those kidnappings,I chose to give people another go.

I am an absolute idiot.

"Stop it Kiara!"Hazel shouted grabbing my wrists. I blinked in surprise.

I didn't know she knew my name.

I wanted to say Why?

Hazel gently pulled me away from the wall and began fussing over my knuckles. I wanted to say It's nothing.

Her fingers expertly hooked on to the bottom of my shirt.I sucked in a short breath as her cold calloused finger skimmed my vest top.I could see the ghost of a smirk yet she kept her eyes trained on her task.She carefully lifted it up to catch the blood dripping from my hands.

Then Hazel dragged me to the bathroom and turned on the tap. The ice-cold water caressed my fingers as hers angled my hand for efficient cleansing."You're stupid."She said when she finished,not meeting my searching gaze.

I've never been cared for this way.

Looked after,fixed up sure.But not like this.

Hazel spoke once more and I wanted to keep her talking,I would listen to her forever,"Keep it under the water for a little longer.They won't give us medical kits y'know."She paused,gauging a response from me,but I only stared awaiting her silvery lines to continue,"They'll only give us menstrual stuff and continuous running water because it's the law for it to be free in this part of the galaxy.It should be everywhere but I guess people aren't good enough for that."

I nod,still unsure what to say.

"Though you'd think there'd be tighter laws around child labour and blue if they're so thoughtful but I guess not."She said,spreading my fingers out on her palm and dabbing at it with the edge of her shirt,once she turns off the tap.

We've hardly spoken before this,even in monopoly,uno and the countless other team-building activities.Hazel mostly tried to opt.I thought it was because she hated me.The one time she played was because no one else was around. She was silent except the stray victory Yes! Her face and eyes did the talking. You can tell a lot from someone's eyes.

Her eyes were beautiful.The were weathered deep purple planets that went aglow under this sensor light in the bathroom.

Hazel was a soldier. I don't know what she has seen or who she had to be.There aren't a million secrets there just a couple of planet-sized ones. That's right this is the first time in space and I'm making planet jokes. Perhaps I am totally insane.

I laughed involuntarily.

She raised an eyebrow,"What?"

"Nothing,I was just nervous."I replied truthfully.

"Do I make you nervous?"She teased taking a step closer to me.There was barely any distance ,between us to begin with. I gulped feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

We were pretty much the same height but she seemed to tower over me then. I breathed in her scent of sweet summer meadows and rain. It was soft and comforting and only reminded me of a million things I missed.

"Yes."I whispered almost afraid of all the new feelings I processed.

"Good."She replied and booped my nose playfully and began to wash her hands. And then she left,her matted French-braided pink hair swishing behind her – leaving me utterly flustered.

((Leaving Brocolli a vegetable- to be said in Buck from Ice age 3's voice.

I hope you enjoyed that readers! Just a lil fluff for you. We will get back to the agents of shield soon enough as they're planning a rescue right this moment.This is the first time for me writing a girlxgirl,what do you think? Hope you have a great day folks! And that's it from me so bye for now! XOXOX))