Chapter 6:welp

((Hello readers,hope you're enjoying this  XX
This chapter includes a brief mention of a panic attack.I will label the beginning of it with XX and you can skip if it you don't like that sort of thing and the second one will mark the end of the mention.A summary will be included in the next chapter.)). :))

"I can also absorb energy from atoms ,to change their state and use the energy, in like a blast."I explain to Daisy.Phasing(manipulating molecular density) isn't my only power.

We're in a training room of some sort in their top secret base.I'd love to be a secret agent.I already looked in to signing up at MI6.I am currently learning – was learning- Russian and Polish.

I already know French, Italian,Spanish, Latin, English, Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu.I'm quite proud of that.I pick up languages and accents pretty quickly,courtesy of my multilingual family.I tend to respond in the same language (if I know it) and accent as I'm spoken to with.A habit my mum made me develop.

"Show me."she commands.

There's a two way mirror over there.I can feel the densities behind it.People are watching me again.

They want a performance.So I'll give 'em one.

I smirk, before creating a wall of solid air behind me and blasting the newly acquired energy into the brick wall,which crumbles at contact.

Daisy cheers and high fives me.

A warm feeling spreads through me.Pride.Happiness.
I can control my powers pretty well when I'm calm and confident.

After some training and practise with May because Daisy had an assignment,Mack promised me we would play a board game.

May was a really good teacher,she pushes me hard enough to achieve but not lose hope in the process.

***

"So the only game we have is monopoly...Daisy isn't available...So I brought some friends,is that ok?"

"Friends of Mack,are friends of mine."I say ,giving an encouraging smile,and bouncing back into a sofa.Anything to be entertained.Boredom drives me nuts.

I still live in the white room.I get to move out when I am completely in control of my powers.

Does shield own me?Will I be able to leave?Do I want to leave?My entire family is dead.I have no one to go back to.

XX

No I cannot have a panic attack.I rein in my hyperventilation.

Mack's friends arrive.

They're scientists.

Hyperventilation mode overdrive.

"You alright there Kiara?"

"Y-yes I.But..."deep breath."I n-need t-to go."

"No you don't.It's alright.These two aren't like the other scientists.I promise they won't hurt you."

"I-I can't."I curl in resting my head on my knees.I hate feeling so powerless.

Unconsciously,I've put a force field around me.

"Gimme 5."I splutter out.

There's only so much air in a bubble.

Air goes in twice the speed and soon I suffocate and pass out.

***
XX
"Tremors come in!You're little friend passed out.She put herself in a bubble-"

"I'm here."Daisy says,dramatically throwing the door open,clearly flustered.

Daisy 'quakes' the bubble apart which results in a shoot of blazing golden energy in all directions.

It pushes everyone back into the walls,knocking them unconscious.Well everyone except Fitz-Simmons.They'd anticipated it and ducked.

Simmons does 20 compressions before Kiara wakes up.

***

I cough and sit up.My saviour is the female scientist.

"I'm Simmons."she says putting a hand out for me to shake.

"Kiara."I reply shaking her hand.Her familiar British accent makes me feel a little more comfortable,for the moment.

Looking around,I gasp,"Oh my gosh!What have I done?!"

"Don't worry,they're only unconscious."the other scientist,who must be Fitz, informs after checking their pulses.

That doesn't make me feel very much better.