4) FIRST DAY AT WORK

I got out of the cab the second,  the car stopped by Liam's mansion.

I ran in,  I barely got into the mansion, I only passed the huge gate,  because, at the door, a woman bumped into me.

"Hey, you okay child,?" She held unto my shoulders.

I checked my time before responding to her, "yes ma'am, but do you have any idea where sir Liam is,?". I questioned her while scampering my eyes around.

She faced me.

  She was going to tell me something when the exact person I had asked about yelled from behind.

"You're late,"
Liam says as he grunts angrily.
"Why are you late,?" He asked again. swiftly moving toward my direction.

"I... I,". I thought twice.

Liam however gets annoyed, he grabbed my hand forcefully and threw me outside.
"Get out,". He sanctioned, as I turned back and have him shut the door to my face.

"Hold on please,". I hit on the door
"Go away Sara," I heard Liam shouting from inside.

He seems angry.

I sat on the bench outside, for over an hour.
The door kept on being locked and I thought Liam wasn't going to listen to me anymore.

I got up leaving when the door suddenly opens up.
I turned back and met Liam at the door.

"Come in,".
Liam said and went back in.

I hurried after he did.
He walked ahead but abruptly stopped to question me.
"Tell me, Sara, why are you late,?".
He folds his hands against each other.

I thought of the perfect lie to tell because I can't tell what happened, however, the worst tale came rushing out.

"I had an emergency at home, my mom got hit by a horse,".
Without thinking I said.

I had no idea, how that came out, but it did and I thought I'd be kissing my job goodbye, but  Liam surprised me and walked away.
He grinned also while leaving me behind.

After some hours later. I sat on the couch when Liam finally came down again.
He saw me and said.
" Did you not move from this spot throughout the whole day,?".
He checks the time, I did too, it was precisely a minute past seven in the evening.

I got up from the couch.

" Sir, I was waiting for you, I still don't know the explicit duties you want me to do as your son's nanny,".
I lowered my gaze while speaking to him.

"Specific duties, I don't think I explained everything to you,  wait I'll be back,".
Liam takes a hand out and went up again.