21) Deep water

I rushed after Liam. We both walked inside his room.
He turns around, he finds me sticking out an angry face at him.
"Sara, are you okay,?". He pulls back a little bit.
I grunted.
"Do I look okay!". I approached further, " are you seriously going to marry me,?".
I asked, predominantly counting my steps.

Liam smiled. He settled his feet next to the glass window on the balcony.
"Calm down Sara, there is a reasonable explanation for why I said that,".
He said. Pressing his hand against each other.
"Explanation! Fine tell me,"
I stopped moving forward.
"I'd love to, but it's best you don't know anything for the now, and please trust me,". He shifts position, navigating to the door.
He walks away, abandoning me alone in his room.

The same day. The news of Liam's engagement to me spread like wide fire.
Every channel and everyone in the country knew about it.
It became impossible to go out and get some alone time, without someone flashing a camera into my eyes and asking me questions.

Newspapers also had my face printed on them.

That same day, Liam wanted me to accompany him and his son to get some toys at the toy store.
We were just getting out of the elevator, and on reaching the toy store, my hand was forcefully taken back, I turned, and Tatiana was furiously holding onto my hand.
"Hey! Let me go,". I said
Liam turns back.
"Tatiana, what is this,?".
He held her hand and dragged her to the elevator.
"Liam, let me go,".
I heard Tatiana mumble, she tries resisting Liam's grip.
"No! Get in,". Liam said. The elevator door opened and he pushed her in.
I witnessed everything that happened.
Tatiana furiously looked at me as the elevator door closes.

At the toy store, Andres was asked by his dad to pick up whatever toys he needs.
Andre's banged his hands and dashed off in search of toys.
Liam looks back, he found me lost in thought.
"Sara! Are you okay,?". He asked.
I hit my gaze up to his.
"No, not really, I'm scared about what Tatiana would do to me, ". I said.

"Nah! Don't worry about Tatiana, she won't harm you, as long as I am here, okay,?".Liam pulls my cheek close and kissed it.
I smiled, stroking my hair back.