5) BALL ON THE ROAD

Liam alighted a little later.
He placed a paper in my palm.
"Please read," he tells with a smile.
I collected the paper and read through it, while reading, I noticed some strange words.
I looked up, "I'm sorry sir, an in-house nanny,?". I questioned him.

Liam gave me this look as if I had just said something stupid.
He further asked, "haven't you been a nanny before?".
He looks into my eyes, and all of a sudden, I felt guilty.

I couldn't fabricate and so I told him.

"No, I haven't been a nanny before sir,". I didn't have enough courage to look at him.

Liam wasn't pleased by that.

"So, you haven't been a nanny before,?."
He says again, displeased by it  the second time

"Yes sir, I haven't been a babysitter before,".
I replied, avoiding his disappointed gaze.

"So! How the hell I'm I going to entrust my son, to someone who doesn't know the first thing about babysitting,".

Liam scowls and shouted at me.

I am quite aware that Liam has every right to stop me from working, but I do need this job.
My dad will always tell me, that it's better to say the truth and get punished than lie and live with the guilt.
So, if Liam wants to stop me from working, it wouldn't be an injustice.

"Look, sir,  I am sorry, I know I said I have been a nanny before,  but I am willing to learn and abide by the rules and regulations governing our contract, please give me a chance sir,".
I begged with my hands crumpled.

Liam stares brawled about his decision.

"Hmm! I can see you're sorry, but it's okay, maybe God wanted you to get this job," he sets out a smiled afterward, " but in all honesty, I'll like to see how you handle a kid of such naughtiness especially if the child is my son,".

Liam speaks in an audible voice.

"Can you do it, Sara,?".
He asked for a final verdict.

"Yes sir,  I can do it,"
I declared right back.

Liam nods and walks away.

The following morning, I woke up quite early, I had my bags packed, and set to begin a new phase in my life.

Ding dong.

I rang the doorbell the moment I got to Liam's mansion, I waited patiently for a response when something flashed brightly before my eyes.

I looked back in a haste and saw cameras flashing at me.
From all angles, they rushed in.
  Questioning to know my identity.

Liam gets to know about the issue.
"What is going on here,?" He says as we all turned to look at him.

"Please Mr. Liam,  is she the mysterious lady we've been dying to meet,?".
Said one of the news reporters.
Liam faced him...
"Mysterious lady, who the heck are you talking about,?".
He says, holding out his hand to me.