9) forgetful

After letting Andres have his breakfast, Liam asked me to take the car outside and drive with him to school.
"Bye dad,". Andre gets down from his chair.
"Bye son,". Liam answered,  looking as we got to the car.....

"Liam! Do you need a nanny, you know I can take care of your son, I am your girlfriend remember?"
Tatiana conveyed to Liam, the minute we left in the car.
Liam faced her and smiled.

"You! Take care of my son,  did you forget Andres hates you, he wouldn't even let me get married to you, and trust me, he might be a little child but I listen to him always,".
He says. He left her alone at the table.

An hour later, I returned after sending Andres to school,  I walked past Liam's study room, and inside, I saw a picture frame of a woman hung on the wall.

The lady in the picture frame wore a red gown with her hair packed up from stroking her back, indeed she looked like those princesses in a fantasy story.

"What are you doing here?'.
Liam caught me.

I turned back and met his eyebrows squeezing at me.
"No, nothing sir,". I lied, scooting to leave.
I was just about to step outside when Liam grab my hand and pushed me back to his gaze again.
He grinned a little and said.
"You came here because of the lady in the frame right?". He caught me.

There was no need to continue hiding, I accepted.
"Yes sir,". I said.

Liam asked me to go down and join the others for the ceremony taking place tonight.
I shook my head and hurriedly left.
I picked up a carton box on my way.

Later on the same day, we got everything set for the ceremony.

I walked in to meet the guests. Everyone present there wore black.
I saw Liam talking with some of the guests, Andres was right beside him. He looked gloomy.

Later, they bought a picture frame of Liam's dead wife, positioning it at the center of the room.
Liam sees that and left with his son.

They walked before the photo and quitely lowered their head.
One after the other, we all did the same, paying our respect to the late Mrs. Elena Khan, Liam's and Andre's late wife and mother.

For the past two hours, we stay quiet but some people tend not to keep to rituals.

I saw Tatiana stylishly sneaking out, with a bottle of champagne in her hand.
I don't know what Liam sees in her, unbelievable.

After all ceremony, Andres fell asleep after a strenuous evening, I carried him and went to his bedroom.
Later, after putting him to sleep, I walked down to grab a glass of water from the kitchen, but instead, I met Liam totaled on the ground.