𝖝𝖛. 𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
ʟᴀ ᴄᴀꜱᴀ ᴅᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴇᴅᴏ
ꜱᴘᴀɪɴ
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

"What's happening?"

Cairo tapped the end of her cigarette against the window sill, watching as the excess ash crumbled away into the air. She'd been woken up early to the dulcet tones of Tokyo's voice screaming bloody murder at el Profesor, and had slipped out of bed to sit on the window sill with a much needed cigarette.

She looked over her shoulder, smiling softy at the boy in her bed who'd just woken up, sleep still evident in his low voice. "El Prof wants Rio out of the plan. Tokyo's not too pleased."

"Well can they have their argument during business hours, and not at the fucking ass crack of dawn?" he groaned, burying his face into a pillow. "Anyone capable of forming a thought at this time of day is inhuman."

Cairo snorted and turned back to the open window, blowing a wisp of smoke out into the cold morning air. "How long has it been since you were awake at this time?"

A scuffling sound over a shoulder made her giggle as Roma tried to heave himself off of the mattress. "Oh, I'm always up at this time - but I'm usually getting in to bed, not getting out. Fuck."

"You're going to have to start practicing for when we start the heist," Cairo murmured, closing her eyes and leaning forwards to meet the breeze. "Can't have you getting all grumpy on the job."

Her smile widened as she felt a warm body behind her. Lips brushed against her shoulder, moving up to her neck, where Roma buried his face into her warm skin. "Isn't that the whole point," he muttered, warm breath fanning against her. "Angry Roma equals scared hostages, no?"

Cairo laughed, leaning back into his touch. "I didn't know you were capable of anger," she giggled. "You're the softest person I've ever met."

Roma pouted against her neck, wrapping his arms around her neck. His eyes fluttered shut, lashes brushing against her shoulder. "No 'm not. Could be very scary if I tried," he whispered sleepily. "Just don't need to when I've got you to do it for me."

"You calling me scary?"

"The scariest," he mumbled, nuzzling into the crook of her neck. "But also the sweetest."

Cairo hummed in delight, bringing the cigarette back to her lips. "Hey, do you think that if Rio gets kicked out, we'll be next?"