𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖈𝖊

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴍɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴍᴀᴅʀɪᴅ
60 ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇɪꜱᴛ

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

To say that Roma was having a shitty day would be the understatement of the century. He'd barely moved from his chair in the office and the dull pain he felt at the base of his neck was currently at the very bottom of his long list of problems - Cairo was still unconscious and recovering from her brush with death; el Profesor was treating them to a lengthy period of radio silence; his comrades wouldn't stop bickering despite the clear protocol that had been set out for them to follow if faced with such a situation; to top it all off, Denver wouldn't stop pestering the team over whether his apparent relationship with the pregnant hostage was truly a case of Stockholm syndrome.

He thought he'd finally caught a break from the constant headache he'd developed since he'd set foot in the building when Rio came bursting through the door with a television screen under his arm.

And that was how he'd ended up slouched on the edge of the office table with one hand tracing circles on Cairo's limp hand and the other rubbing at his temple as he watched the man responsible with their escape being surrounded by police officers on every news channel in Spain.

"He's been arrested," Tokyo declared to Berlin. Rio lifted his hand to gesture wildly at the screen and voiced his own contribution. "They're interrogating him right in front of la casa de Toledo."

Roma swore as the screen flickered off and Rio ran to try to fix the technical issue. "They've cut the signal," Tokyo exclaimed. "They don't want us to know what's going on outside and that means they're coming in!"

"None of this should fucking matter," Roma groaned, pushing himself up from the edge of the table. "We're not supposed to watch the news-"

"Well it's a good thing we broke that rule!" Tokyo slammed her hand down against the arm of Rio's chair. "I don't know about any of you, but I'm not sitting around for five hours while the police plan our defeat. Plan Chernobyl is looking better and better every second!"

"Plan Chernobyl is only for the most desperate of situations," Berlin retorted. "And I don't think that this is the most desperate we can be, or am I wrong? It's a plan in which we'd lose all the money."

Roma almost snorted as the room fell silent. He wasn't surprised that that would shut them up completely. Money did make the world go round after all.