𝖎𝖎. 𝖉𝖔𝖘

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
ʟᴀ ᴄᴀꜱᴀ ᴅᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴇᴅᴏ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇɪꜱᴛ
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Cairo ran a finger over the etchings on the dog tag around her neck. The balcony was silent and all she could hear were the soft, distant sounds of crickets in the grass below. Once Moscow had finally managed to put Denver to bed, she'd been able to enjoy the starlight for the last time until they hopefully escaped the Royal Mint.

Touch wood she thought to herself, giggling as she tapped her own forehead.

The pink crochet blanket she'd draped over her knees clashed harshly with the red of her cargo trousers, she noticed. Well that's just unpleasant.

A lot of things were far more unpleasant. Having to drop her whole life in order to save her stupid brother was unpleasant. Spending days in a building with Berlin was unpleasant. Not being able to drink her favourite chocolate milk was unpleasant. Now that she though about it, that might be the worst of it all.

"What are you still doing out here, all alone?"

Lazily, she tipped her head back to see Roma sauntering onto the balcony.

Fuck me, she thought, even upside down he was still attractive.

"I'm moon-bathing," she smiles cheekily. "Gotta get that paper white skin all the girls are raving about, you know?"

"How about a little less moon-bathing and a little more of this instead?"

Cairo's smile turned into a wide grin as she saw the joint in between his fingers.

"Roma," she whispered. "This is probably a shitty idea, and el Profesor will kill us, but light it up."

Roma nudged her over in the little wooden loveseat bench, draping her legs back over his once he'd gotten comfortable and pulled out a bright pink lighter.

"Is that mine?"

Roma shrugged but she could see a rare smile behind his pursed lips.

"I'll buy you another hundred or so once I get my cut of the money," he muttered around the lit joint in between his lips. "In all the other colours of the rainbow."

"Pink isn't in the rainbow," she stole the joint and took a long drag. "And at that point I'd buy like a mini flame thrower or something, you know."

"What are you gonna do? Log into your amazon account from your island in the Pacific Ocean?"

"Don't ruin my dream," she whined and dropped her head down onto his shoulder. "Where else am I going to buy my electronic back massager?"

"You know," a shy smirk started to spread across Roma's face. "If you take me with you, and if you ask nicely enough, if massage your back for you whenever you wanted."

Cairo smiled up at him, the stars reflecting in her eyes.

"Well now. That's just an offer too good to refuse."