Chapter 3 - Happy Birthday

Then I felt brawny arms wrap around me, one hand grabbed my throat whilst the other parted my hair to one side. I closed my eyes being afraid to see the mysterious being and sucked in a breath.

He leaned down towards my neck and inhaled deeply. He released a groan, 'Fuck,' that sent shivers down my spine. He pushed me forward towards the sink counter and pressed himself into me.

'My little bitch,' he whispered and kissed my neck whilst grabbing my arse and giving it a little squeeze, I gasped and pushed forward attempting to create distance.

He lightly chuckled and released my body. It took me a few seconds to open my eyes, when I did, he was gone.

I quickly ran out of the bathroom. 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' Allison and my colleagues shouted from the front. I squealed and placed my hand on my heart.

'Oh my gosh, you guys gave me a heart attack,' I squeaked trying to control my breathing. Everyone started laughing. Did I mention it was my birthday - I finally turned 20 years old.

'Happy birthday baby,' Allison embraced me and placed a loving kiss on my forehead. I thanked and hugged her back.

Allison Walker was one of the sweetest people in my life, she was my boss and friend and she's 25 years old. She pitied my lifestyle and knew the trauma I endured at home, hence, she kept me cheerful at work.

'Happy birthday Mal,' my colleague Sam yelled as he smeared cake on my face. We had a mini celebration, but then work began.

The day went by pretty quickly, we had a few irritating customers, but other than that everyone else was tolerable. Allison placed a notice board saying, 'Wish Mallory Happy Birthday,' so the majority of the customers wished me, and might I add, it was awkward.

At the end of the day, I got ready to leave and headed back to my cage...wait, I meant home.

However, the thought of the 'blue-eyed' thing and his words kept infiltrating my mind. What was he and what did he want with me? I didn't know how to react or who to tell. It's not like anyone would believe me.

'Mal, sweetie, you're not going home right now. You're coming with me and we are going to a restaurant,' Allison ordered as she wore her coat.

'Allie, that's sweet but it's not necessary. What you all did this morning was perfect,' I smiled with gratification, 'I'm going to go home, get into bed, and binge-watch some horror movies.'

'It's your 20th birthday, girl, lighten the fuck up,' she rolled her eyes and playfully slapped my shoulder. I sighed.

'By the way, Hunter is going to be there as well,' she winked at me.

My eyes widened, 'Who? I don't know w-who that is,' I stuttered.

'Bitch, sit down. I know all about Hunter Carson, your school crush,' Allison sniggered exposing my lie.

'Allie, don't. It's so embarrassing. I was hoping everyone forgot about that when I moved away,' I smacked my hand against my forehead.

Allison cackled, 'You wish. Your one-sided love story will go down in history.'

I groaned and dropped my head on the table. Hunter Carson was my high school crush, he was the school sweetheart. The sexy, cool jock that played football. I, alongside every other girl, had a huge crush on him, but he dated the school female sweetheart and my arch-nemesis, Emily Arden.

I may have done some rather extreme things which led to many people finding out about my crush including Hunter. I moved away after high school, I joined a college outside this town and hoped never to return. But of course, bad luck knocked on my door again and I returned back to Hollow Grove.