Chapter 10 - Wounded, but not Weak

I rolled my eyes, 'Yeah, no thanks. I'm working if it isn't obvious.'

'I don't remember asking. I told your boss you're coming with me,' she replied.

'My boss isn't one to listen,' I answered.

'He does when I fuck him.'

I scrunched my nose in disgust, 'Is there anyone you haven't fucked?'

'The list is very small, can't help it if everyone wants a piece of me,' she smirked.

'That's not a proud thing sweetie, everyone likes free stuff,' I smirked back.

The smirk immediately dropped, 'Get up and come outside.'

I sighed but proceeded to get up, I collected my stuff and exited the library. A car waited just outside, the door opened and Emily ushered me in.

'Are you trying to kidnap me?' I scoffed skeptically.

She cackled, 'Kidnap you? Sweetie you've got nothing to offer me and neither does your family- well not that you have one anymore.'

'Watch your mouth, Emily,' my fists curled.

'What are you going to do?' She challenged me.

'Trust me, you don't want to know,' I spat out through gritted teeth and leaned back into the seat. We came to a halt when we reached her house.

'Why the hell are we here?' I murmured.

'Let's talk inside,' she opened the car door.

We entered the house and headed to her room.

'What do you want, Emily?'

'I want you to stay away from Hunter,' she sat down on her bed.

I scoffed, 'Did you really bring me to your house for that?'

She nodded, 'Do you need me to pay you?'

'To stay away from Hunter?' I questioned. She nodded again.

'Hold on, you want to pay me to stay away from Hunter,' I chuckled loudly.

'What's funny?' She raised her eyebrow.

'You, your words, and most definitely your offer. I don't care what happened between you and Hunter and frankly, it's not my business. Likewise, what happens between me and Hunter is none of yours. If Hunter is interested in me and not you, then fucking deal with it. No amount of money is going to change stuff between me and him,' I answered.

'Why do you have to make things hard, Mallory?' She rolled her eyes, 'Look, you and I both know that he belongs with me, we are made for each other.'

'Is that why you cheated on him?' I raised my eyebrow.

Her lips pierced into a thin line, now displaying an angered expression, 'You have no idea who you're dealing with. I was nice until now but since you don't want to listen, I have no option but to get down and dirty.'

'Are you going to kill me?' I muttered.

She tilted her head, 'Maybe if it means that you don't bother Hunter. I'll do whatever it takes.'

Panic surged through my body, I looked around the house, but it was empty. I began scanning the area for any weapons, I wouldn't go down without a fight.

All of a sudden, Emily pulled a knife out of her pocket and flipped it open, my eyes widened, it's really happening.

Emily charged towards me aiming for my heart, I quickly sidestepped and landed a punch to her gut. She bent over clutching her stomach and gasping for air.

I took the chance and kneed her to the head, she stumbled back. She composed herself and charged again, she pushed me hard, I buckled over the table and landed on the floor with a loud thud.

'All this for a boy?' I scoffed whilst coughing. I attempted to get up but she jumped on me, she sat on top with her legs on both sides trapping me.

'The boy I love,' she replied, then grabbed my head and slammed it against the floor. The force blinded my vision, this gave her an opportunity to grab the knife and she plunged it into my left side. I screamed in agony and my vision hazed.

I quickly stopped her hand from digging the knife in further, my hand touched a glass jar which I picked, and smashed it against her head. She fell off of me and onto the ground clutching her bloody head.

In the meantime, I slowly got up and pulled her knife out from my body, and threw it to the floor, blood profusely pouring out of my wound.

I walked up to her and sat on top of her, my hands slowly reached for her throat and I began squeezing. She kicked and shouted but my adrenaline overpowered hers. Within minutes, I saw her body giving up and her eyes closing.

Then, her body went limp, I let go of her throat as I realised what just happened. I got up and witnessed my appearance smeared in crimson liquid.

I ran to the bathroom and cleaned myself up, I threw a jacket on top and tied a cloth around my wound. I scrambled up and ran out of her house instantly. I looked horrible and I knew because of people's stares, but I didn't care.

I got home and laid on the sofa, I felt drowsy because of the blood loss. I immediately texted Allison that I was hurt and she made her way home. She rushed through the door and ran to me.

'Who the fuck did this?' She shouted and ran towards the bathroom to get the first aid kit. She came back and ripped my clothes off, she cleaned the wound and bandaged it, 'You're going to be okay, Mal.'

'Thanks,' I whispered as my eyes slowly shut.

'Princess, what happened to you?' A hoarse voice echoed in my ears, my eyes slowly fluttered open. I looked to the side and Seth was sitting beside me, I ignored him and closed my eyes again because the pain was unbearable.

I felt my shirt being lifted up, I bounced up and winced as the pain rushed through me.

'Easy there,' Seth grabbed my hands making me lay down, 'I was healing you, Mallory,' he exclaimed then lifted my shirt again. He opened the bandage and his eyes changed to a fiery red colour. I figured it meant that he was furious, his jaw ticked and he clenched his fists.

I looked at him and he noticed, we made eye contact for a split second before he observed my wound, he lifted his hand and held it above my injury. Suddenly, a cloud of black smoke appeared from his palm and entered my wound.

I felt a sizzle to which I closed my eyes. I reopened them when the tingle had left and my wound had disappeared. My eyes widened in shock, 'You h-healed me.'

He smiled, 'I said I would protect you,' he raised his hand and placed it on my forehead, 'Now let's find out who I need to kill,' he muttered and closed his eyes. Within seconds, he pulled his hand away and opened his eyes, he looked at me and tilted his head, 'Emily Arden, you fought her and she stabbed you.'

I nodded, 'Seth, I strangled her,' I mustered up the courage to tell him as tears gathered at the corner of my eyes.

His eyes trailed the lone tear that escaped my eye, his finger reached forward to wipe it. He brought his lips towards me and kissed my cheek, 'Sleep princess, I'll come to see you soon.'

With a gust of wind, he was gone and I fell into a deep slumber.