Chapter 19 - Breaking and Escaping

A month goes by, no sign of Allison or Seth. The asylum residents think I'm deranged as I've been telling them that Seth is going to come and rescue me, but he hasn't. They believe I have split personality disorder and some other things. I take therapy every day.

I got dragged to the table which they laid me on, they strapped the device onto my head. There was something wrong with this Asylum, they never gave me anesthesia, I felt the shocks.

The pulses coursed through my head, it was atrocious, but I was helpless. The force constantly knocked me out.

Two days later, the door rattled again and Miss Kane walked in.

'Mallory, how are you feeling today?' My psychiatrist greeted me and sat next to my bed. I sat up and shook her hand now that I'm no longer in shackles.

'Happy being in a dark room,' I smiled sarcastically. Miss Kane was too gullible to pick up my sarcasm or she didn't care.

'Well, maybe you can leave this dark room once you feel much better,' she smiled, 'So, has Seth come yet?'

I looked down, 'No. He hasn't come and I don't think he's going to come.'

'Why do you say that?' She countered.

I looked up and closed my eyes and took a deep breath, 'I don't think he's real, he doesn't exist, hence, he won't come. He hasn't been here in a month and it makes me wonder if it's all in my head.'

She smiled, 'See you're getting better already. I'm sorry Mallory, you deserve better.'

I looked at her trying to read if she's genuine or fake like everyone else.

'Is everything okay?' She pulled me out of my thoughts. I nodded and smiled.

'Okay, well, we need to go,' she got up and headed for the door.

'Miss Kane, I don't want the shock, can we not,' I hesitated.

She sighed, 'I'm sorry, Mallory, it's important for you,' she stepped out and a guard came to take me. I complied and entered the room. I was used to the shocks by now, but it was messing with my head.

They didn't shackle me because I didn't fight, I just tolerated it. I sat on the chair as they prepared the device.

Suddenly, I gathered the courage and grabbed a scalpel that was in the far corner alongside other weapons. I ran to Miss Kane and placed the scalpel by her neck. She screamed and called the guard who ran in.

'Mallory, put it down, please. You don't want to do this,' Miss Kane cowered.

'This isn't anything personal, Sophie, but I need to get out of here and you're going to help me, once I get out of here safely then I'll let you go. I like you, Sophie, so I don't plan on hurting you,' I whispered in her ear so the guard couldn't hear, 'Now get your acting face on and help me.'

'Okay, okay,' she muttered, 'James, p-please move out and let her go, I don't want to d-die,' she trembled and cried out.

'Listen to her, James, or I will slit her throat, and trust me I will. Remember this isn't the first time,' I smirked.

'Mallory, why? Just let her go. You've been doing so well this past month, why are you ruining it now?' James slowly reached behind and pulled out a gun.

They thought I was giving into their tricks, but little did they know I had a plan all along. The secret was to earn their trust, that's exactly what I did.

'UH, UH!' I yelled, 'Drop your gun and kick it to me now or this bitch dies,' I ordered. I slowly edged the blade closer to her neck allowing a bit of blood to seep out, she hissed as the pain enveloped her.

'James, please, please, just give her the g-gun,' Miss Kane screamed, 'I have a kid, I cannot die,' she whispered.

James took pity and slowly dropped the gun and kicked it my way. I slowly bent down with Miss Kane complying and picked up the gun. I held the scalpel in one hand and the gun in the other and pointed it at James, 'Move your arse to this chair, NOW.'

Hesitantly, he moved and sat on the chair, 'Strap your hand,' and he did so. I swiftly moved out of the room with Sophie and made my way through the corridors. I came across two guards whom I shot, then I made my way to the basement with Sophie.

Another patient told me about a secret escape route that led from the basement. A tunnel led to the outside of the asylum, it was created years ago by patients and no one knew of it.

We reached the basement and I let go of Sophie, 'I need your clothes,' she began undressing. We swapped clothes and I tied her hands to a pipeline using her belt.

'I'm leaving now, after twenty minutes you can scream and you'll be rescued,' I fixed her hair, 'Thanks for your words, Sophie, but Seth is real, he's a demon and he is great at fucking me. Believe me or not, that doesn't change things. You think I'm actually capable of killing two men by myself without any serious damage?' I raised my eyebrow and her eyes widened, 'Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Take care of yourself,' I uttered my last words then moved a cupboard and a floorboard and dropped down the hole.

I followed the tunnel route with a gun in my hand.

After a dreadfully, long time, I ended up at a dead-end. I looked around and saw a rope hidden in the dried mud. I yanked on the rope and a huge boulder collapsed from the top. I stumbled back and shielded my eyes from the debris.

A huge light blurred my vision, I opened my eyes and the sunlight rays fell on my face. I used the boulder to climb up and crawl out of the hole. I examined my surroundings to see a little shed with storage parts and many spider webs.

I slowly bent down and walked towards the door which was jammed. I rammed into it a few times before it ripped from the roots.

I saw multiple cars and realised I entered the parking lot of the asylum. I must've taken the wrong turn, instead of being outside the property, I ended up in the parking lot.

I stepped out and using Sophie's keys that were in her jacket pocket I located her car and got in. Things seemed to play out easier than I thought, but let's not jinx it.

I turned the key and the engine roared, I stepped on the gas and the car took off.

I was still on the property when the alarm went off, they must've found the guards and Sophie.

I pressed my foot on the accelerator, the car made it outside and was spotted by the guards who began firing their guns. I still didn't stop and ducked down as the bullets ricocheted off the car.

I heard another ear-shrieking siren which meant the main doors were about to close and I saw the gates closing.

I knew I couldn't stop now or I'd be screwed so I drove hoping I cram through the gate before they shut. I closed my eyes awaiting the impact, but with a narrow distance my engine roared and in the nick of time it passed by the gates.

Sophie had a mini cooper which was easy to go through. A loud sigh of satisfaction exited me as I leaned into my seat knowing that I was free.

I was finally free.

I rolled down the window and breathed in the fresh air and smiled as the sun hit me. It felt good to be out in the open, to feel the heat against my bare skin.

I drove back into my town, the asylum was just outside my town. As soon as I entered, I saw the famous bar and shops. I was hungry, but I suppressed it and headed straight home.

There was someone I needed to see first.