Chapter 6 - It's Party Time

'This is going to be a police investigation, you did this in self-defence though. He was attacking you and you stabbed him to protect yourself,' Allison explained.

'I don't want to be arrested, Allie,' I sobbed.

'I-,' she sighed, 'Don't worry Mal, you won't. We will do whatever we can to make sure you won't,' Allison hugged me. I hugged her back and wept into her chest.

Later on, the police arrived and examined the scene then began questioning me.

'Tell me what happened from the beginning,' officer Ryder said as he sat on the sofa beside me.

I began telling him about the restaurant scene my father caused then the fight at home where he physically assaulted me.

'He took the knife and was coming towards me, but he slipped on the glass shards and fell face first, the k-knife penetrated his body from the fall,' I updated in between sobs.

'How did he fall like that?' Officer Ryder raised his eyebrow.

'I don't know, I was too scared and I had my eyes slightly closed, I didn't see it entirely,' I murmured.

'The body will be going in for an examination, if there is anything you wish to say, please call me. I'll see you later,' officer Ryder informed then exited the house.

Officer Ryder was an angel, he knew me and the torture my father put me through, he had been very helpful, he is also Allison's ex. Literally, all the hot boys are Allison's exes.

A few days later

I am currently in Allison's house, I will be staying with her for some time.

'I will protect you, Mal, don't worry,' Allison soothed me and kissed my forehead.

'Do you believe me?' I asked her.

'That doesn't matter, all I know is that you've been through hell and suffered so much with that pathetic excuse of a father. I need to change that now,' she whispered.

'Thank you,' I smiled, 'You're an angel.'

She kissed my temple, 'Go shower now and I will make some breakfast.'

I followed her order and got dressed then headed downstairs once the heavenly aroma infiltrated my nose.

'Mallory, officer Ryder is here,' Allison shouted for me. My eyes widened, was he here to arrest me?

I walked down the stairs and headed to the living room, both Allison and officer Ryder were sitting down. I walked up to Allison and sat beside her.

'I hope you're doing better, Mallory,' officer Ryder smiled.

'Been better,' I shrugged.

'I just wanted to tell you both that this case is going to close now, it is concluded as an accident. This will be the end,' officer Ryder gave me the good news. We don't know how and why, but we were relieved it was closed.

'Thank you for your help,' I murmured as tears gathered at the rim of my eyes.

'Thank you, Ryder, you've been a huge help,' Allison sighed in relief. Officer Ryder left shortly, leaving me and Allison together.

'How on earth did that happen? How is it ruled an accident?' Allison creased her eyebrows.

'I'm just glad it's over,' I concluded, but still wondered how it was possible.

'Are you ready for work?' Allison questioned.

I nodded, 'I'll be leaving now, see you in the evening.'