Chapter 21 - Dirty Little Secrets

Seth's POV

A Week Later

'It's done,' I informed the being in a dark cloak, 'Mission accomplished.'

He turned around, 'Really?'

I nodded and turned to leave, but I was stopped.

'That was quick,' the dark, deep voice echoed.

'She was a tormented soul, it didn't take long to break and corrupt her,' I shrugged.

'Well done, Orpheus or as the name you gave her 'Seth'. You have made me proud, the sooner we show the humans their true self, their evil self, the sooner we can take over earth,' he smirked.

I looked down and nodded. I hesitated but spoke up, 'Can I go check on her for the last time?'

He looked confused, 'Why?'

I stayed silent.

'Wait, Orpheus, don't tell me you pity the girl?' I shook my head no, then his eyes widened and a grin took form, 'You are in love with this girl. A demon fell in love with a human.'

I looked up at him, but I couldn't deny it. I fell in love with Mallory despite knowing it was forbidden.

'Orpheus, you stupid demon, you know it's forbidden to fall for a human,' he yelled, 'You are my most powerful demon, the Demon Prince, you should know better.'

'I didn't intend to, it... it just happened,' tears gathered in my eyes just thinking of Mallory. The first time, I felt heartache, for a human...for a girl.

'Wow, you really adore her,' he sighed, 'As a cruel, heartless being I should kill you and her, or banish you from hell and strip you of your existence, Orpheus,' he menacingly announced, 'But, you are the most loyal demon hell has to offer and I respect that. So, I'll give you one chance... if you really love and want her then you have my permission to go see her. You can either see her once then wipe her memory of you and return here at once or turn her into something that lasts with you forever?'

I think hard, I don't know if Mallory would support my decision. I can make her my princess, the Demon Princess, but will she agree after she finds out the truth, 'What if she doesn't accept?'

'Then you're banished from hell, if you cannot persuade her then you risk our exposure and I cannot tolerate that. Make your decision and act on it fast. Remember you cannot tell her anything about your mission,' he ordered then vanished.

I teleported from hell back onto earth looking for Mallory. But before that, I had something to do.

I teleported myself outside the Hollow Grove Mental Asylum.

These pieces of shit tortured my princess and now they will all feel my wrath. Without a second thought, using my powers I cracked the ground, opening up a portal to hell.

I ordered my hounds and demons to come out to play. A dozen beasts of hell stepped foot onto earth, growling and snarling as they smelt human flesh.

'Time for a feast?' A demon growled asking for permission.

I nodded with a smirk, 'No remains are to be left. They harmed my princess, RIP THEM TO SHREDS!' I growled mercilessly.

Within seconds, the feral beasts howled and ran towards the Asylum. They broke the gates and a few jumped over it and ran towards the building.

A demon tore the guard's limbs off and bathed in the blood whilst snarling. The rest broke into the building and tore every living thing inside.

I focused my powers on locating Mallory, within seconds I saw her driving. I teleported and landed straight inside her car on the passenger seat. She screamed and braked so hard the car skidded and made an irritating, screeching noise. I quickly covered her mouth, 'Princess, it's just me.'

Her eyes widened, 'Seth? No, no, no I'm hallucinating again. He's not real,' she repeated and closed her eyes.

What the fuck happened to my princess? Did I do this to her? I shouldn't have left her.

I slowly cupped her face and whispered, 'Open your eyes, princess, look it's me, Seth.'

She slowly opened her eyes, tears streamed down her face, I quickly wiped them, 'Are you real?'

'Of course, I'm real, baby. Who said I'm not? I've been real this whole time-,' she interrupted me, 'Then why the fuck do you keep leaving me?'

'I'm sorry, I won't leave anymore. I was needed back in hell, you know how that is,' I tried to reason with her.

She bawled, 'Everyone left me and you did too. I was convinced that you were a figment of my imagination. Allison and even Sophie said that I created you. No one believed that a demon came from hell to protect me, but I was right,' she wiped her tears and sniffled.

'Did you kill Allison?' I questioned.

She nodded, then a smirk appeared on her mouth, 'I felt no remorse, Seth. I fucking enjoyed killing them all.'

I was shocked, but, all I did was hug her, 'Mallory, there are some things I need to tell you,' I began.

'Don't tell me you're leaving again,' she groaned.

'No, I'm not leaving,' I held her hand.

'What do you need to talk about then?' She asked looking dead serious.