70

Eliana's POV:

I pushed open the library doors. It was way too quiet, but against my better instinct, I went inside.

"Lydia?" I called.

"Ella?" a voice in the darkness answered. "Why are you here?"

I whipped around to see Scott and held up my phone. "Lydia told me to come. Guess she told you the same."

Scott nodded and tried to call Lydia. We heard a buzzing and began following a trail of Mountain Ash covering the first floor. We walked out from the stacks to see Theo finishing up a Mountain Ash circle with his hands.

"That's not possible," Scott and I said.

Theo smirked. "You're right. A werewolf shouldn't even be able to touch Mountain Ash."

"You're a Chimera."

"I'm the first Chimera. It's the coyote part you don't notice. It's why Malia trusted me first, even though she probably didn't know it. You found the perfect word though, Scott. Because a Chimera isn't just a monster with different parts. It can also mean something impossible to achieve. An unrealizable dream."

"They realized you?" I spat.

Theo turned to me. "They came close with me. But we can't all be perfect. We can't all be True Alphas or powerful Lunas from a prophecy."

"You utter piece of shit!"

Scott and I attempted to rush Theo, but crashed into the Mountain Ash barrier and were bounced back.

Theo winced. "Damn. I felt that." He turned on a cell phone jammer. "No calls Scott, Eliana. No Stiles, no Malia, no Lydia. You two are just going to have to wait here alone for what happens next."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked. "What's next?"

"The Supermoon," Theo replied.

He left and Scott pushed against the barrier with forceful determination, but failed. "Come on... You've done this before. You can do it again," he whispered.

I sat on the ground. "We're stuck, Scott. Fucking sitting ducks once again. Why are you wasting your time when there's no way out?"

"There's gotta be."

Scott took a puff from his inhaler and tried to cross the border again. He was bounced halfway across the room. I rolled her eyes and walked to my friend. We noticed a storage room and Scott pulled out a ladder from the room.

We set it under a window and broke it, then climbed to the roof. Scott was panting for air the entire time.

I reached as high as I could and the air flickered. Scott did the same and we realized we were surrounded by Mountain Ash.

Scott started wheezing again and tried to take a puff from his inhaler, but it didn't work. He crushed the device in frustration to reveal purple dust.

We exchanged a look and said, "Wolfsbane."

A smaller male figure caught our attention and we realized it was Liam.

"Theo let you in," Scott said.

Liam narrowed his eyes. "Did you lie to me?"

"I never lied to you."

"But you won't save her!"

"Ella and I can't save her! At least, not with a bite. If you'd just thought about it for a second, Liam, you would know that I'm right."

"I am thinking!" Liam cried. "I'm thinking about alternatives!"

"Liam, it's the Supermoon," I told him. "Just like with a full moon, it's fueling your anger, making you more aggressive." Being completely honest, I was struggling against my own inner rage. And there's a lot buried deep.

"It's making me stronger! You're gonna keep your promise! Even if it kills you!"

Liam shifted and let out a loud roar. He punched Scott in the face and pushed me out of the way. Scott tried calling out to him. "Hey, Liam, stop. You're not gonna save her by killing me or Ella..."

Liam growled again and attacked Scott who held back. Glass shattered and they fell through the roof. I jumped to the ground after them. Liam grabbed a chair and swung it at Scott who stumbled back and narrowly avoided the chair.

I flicked my claws, ready to attack. While Liam was distracted by me, Scott flipped him onto a table.

As Liam was held there, Scott tried to talk to him. "He's using you, Liam. He wants you to be the alpha because he can't take the power from me. Only you can. But once you do, he'll take it from you. He knows Ella will try to stop him. That's why he wants you to kill us..."

Liam shook his head. "That's what you don't get, Scott. I want to kill you two. I want to!"

Liam resumed growling and snarling.

The beta gained the upper hand and pinned Scott down, clawing at him. Scott raised his arms to defend himself.

Mason ran in and yelled, "Liam! Liam! Liam! Liam!"

Liam turned to face his friend. "Hayden. She's gone. Hayden died a few minutes ago. She's gone."

He ran off.

Mason helped Scott up and asked, "What happened?"

"It's the Supermoon," Scott said.

"I was just..."

Theo cut him off. "Bad timing."

I growled, seeing Theo. He knocked Mason out and frowned. "I mean, seriously. You couldn't have waited five minutes? I should've stayed. I should've made sure. Because now you'll have to kill me yourself. They're still mine. Especially the girl. She's feisty and has a darkness in her. Maybe not yet, but they'll come around."

I glared at him. "I will never come around. You stand against everything I am. You bully others and make them feel lower than themselves. I know someone like that and it's a really shitty feeling."

Scott gave me a nod and said, "Not for you. They're not like you. They never will be."

"Because I'm a Chimera?" Theo asked. "Because I'm not a real werewolf?"

"Because you're barely even human."

Theo flicked his claws and jabbed them into Scott's abdomen. The red glow from his werewolf eyes faded and his eyes closed.

"Scott!" I yelled, running to try to take his pain, but there was nothing to take.

Mason and I tried reviving Scott, but couldn't.

I glanced to Mason. "Get his mom. I'll stay here."

Mason left and soon returned with Melissa who said, "Scott! Scott! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..." She stopped. "Okay."

"What?" Mason asked.

Melissa started chest compressions. "One, two, three, four, five..."

"What are you doing? We already tried that."

"Six, seven, eight..."

"What are you doing?" I repeated.

"Bringing him back."

Mason frowned. "But his... His heart. He... He hasn't had a pulse in over 15 minutes. You can't bring someone back that's..."

Melissa shot him a long. "He's not someone. He's my son. And he's an Alpha. And he's too strong to die like this!"

"Melissa, it's..."

"Shut up! He's too strong to die like this. Come on. You can do this. You're an Alpha." She pressed on his chest. "Come on, Scott. Roar. Come on! Come on, Scott. Roar!" She hit his chest harder.

Scott shot up with blazing red eyes and let out a roar.

I smirked. "Don't die again. What do you say we get that son of a bitch?"

Scott nodded. "That's a great idea."