11

Kate turned up the dial on me and Derek.

"What are you doing to them?" Allison asked. "Is that gonna kill them?"

"Oh, come on, kiddo," Kate replied. "Don't get all ethical on me now."

"What are they?"

"Shapeshifter. Lycan. Werewolf. To me, they're just another dumb animal."

Kate moved closer to Derek and lifted his top lip. "Come here. See these right here? These are canines, also known as fangs. Made for the tearing and rending of flesh. Not something you'd find on those cute little leaf-eating herbivores, is it?"

"Is this a joke to you?" Allison scoffed.

"Sweetheart. There are werewolves running around in the world. Everything's a joke to me. How else do you think I stay sane?"

Sane? Lady, I think you need to check your definition of the word.

"So it was him at the high school and all the other animal attacks?"

"There's actually five of them. Another younger one like him, called a Beta, along with the girl, and then there's two Alphas; male and female. Alpha's the pack leader. Bigger, stronger, nastier. Those are the real ugly motherf--"

"Oh, God," Allison interrupted. "Not now. When were they gonna tell me?"

"Never," I spat, glaring at Allison.

They left and I felt my eyes closing. The sound of Derek's voice resonated in my mind. "You need to stay awake, Ella. I know you're tired, but you need to stay awake. Hey, stay awake, Eliana."

Kate reappeared and began taunting Derek. "Come on, Derek. He killed your sister. Now either you're not telling me because, well, you want to kill him yourself, or for some reason, you're protecting him. Look at that sour face. Aw, sweetie. Don't get angry. I bet you always used to get people coming up to you saying, "Smile, Derek." "Why don't you smile more?" Don't you just wanna kick those people in the face?"

"I can think of one," Derek retorted, causing me to laugh and Kate to glare.

"Promise? 'Cause if I thought you'd be that much fun, I'd let you go. All right, let's see." She sat down, looking through his phone. "Nothing, nothing, nothing. God, I hate this detective crap."

"Are you gonna torture me or are you gonna talk me to death, huh?"

"Oh, sweetie, I don't--I don't wanna torture you or her. I just--wanna catch up. Remember all the fun we had together?"

"Like the time you burned my family and her brother alive?"

"That was you?!" I cried.

Kate smiled sadistically, looking back at Derek. "No, I was thinking more about the hot, crazy sex we had. Yeah, that was fun, too. I love how much you hate me. Remember how this felt?" She kissed him and I growled, causing her to turn to me. "Sweetie, you're not the first girl he's been with, and you won't be the last."

She licked Derek's abs and he growled before saying, "She's my mate."

"So she will be the last girl. Lucky you. Sweetheart, I really don't want to torture you two. But he does."

An older man came in and dug a knife into my skin.

Derek's POV:

I winced, feeling a shooting pain in my arm. Ella wasn't screaming, but I could see a silent tear falling down her cheek.

She was obviously in pain, but was hiding it; though not as well as she thought.

The man started the machine and both Ella and I groaned. After about an hour, he left.

Ella's head started to drop and I said, "Ella? Eliana! You need to stay awake."

"So tired," she mumbled almost incoherently.

"I know, but you need to try to stay awake. You'll start healing soon."

She laughed through her pain. "Why'd he start with me, Der?"

Der? "I don't know. Stay awake, Eliana."

"Can't--" her head dropped and she fell unconscious.

She woke shortly before Kate came back.

Ella growled seeing Kate who laughed and said, "Unfortunately, Derek, if you're not gonna talk, I'm just gonna have to kill you and your mate. So say hi to your sister for me. You did tell her about me, didn't you? The truth about the fire?" I looked away. "Or did you? Did you tell anybody? Oh, sweetie, that's a lot of guilt to keep buried. It's not your fault. You got tricked by a pretty face. It happens! Handsome young werewolf falls in love with a super hot girl who comes from a family that kills werewolves. Isn't that ironic? Is it ironic that you're inadvertently helping me track down the rest of the pack again? Or just a little bit of history repeating. History repeating. It's not Jackson, is it? Oh, no, no, no, he's got a little scratch on the back of his neck, but he's not in love with Allison. Not like Scott."

"You bitch!" Ella screamed.

The dial was turned up and Ella muttered, "Oh, shit."

Ella groaned in pain from the electricity coursing through her while I winced and she glared at Kate. "You done with the modern medieval torture?"

Kate laughed and smirked. "For now. My, my, you have a mouth, little wolf."

She left and Ella let out an annoyed groan before growling.

"Eliana?" I asked.

Ella fought against her chains and yelled, "When I get out, I'm gonna kill her! She's gonna pay for this!"

Word of advice; don't piss her off.

I glanced at her. "Ella, you need to calm down right now. We'll get out somehow."