01

Eliana's POV:

I was deep in thought, trying to write a song. That's the thing about writing. It comes in waves, and disappears as quickly as it comes.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a loud tapping on my window. I walked over and saw my idiot best friend, Stiles Stilinski.

I didn't even want to know how he'd managed to get up. He couldn't climb it without severely hurting himself. I suppose he could've used the tree, but it's a good three feet away from my window. Then again, it's Stiles Stilinski. When he really wants to do something, he's going to find a way.

I walked over and opened the window. "Two questions. How the hell did you get up and what do you want?"

He panted, obviously out of breath. "Dead body--woods--get Scott." He took a moment to breathe and his speech resumed normalcy. "As for, as for this, well, great care and caution."

I frowned. "Let me get this straight. You found a dead body and want to get the third musketeer?"

We call ourselves the Three Musketeers and often get in trouble, much to the chagrin of Stiles' and my father.

Stiles shook his head. "No, I didn't find a body. Two joggers did. I listened to my dad's dispatch call and thought you two might want to investigate. You in?"

"If I die, I'm haunting you from the grave, Stilinski."

"Noted. So, is that a yes or a no?"

"It's a yes."

"Your dad got called in, by the way. Didn't you hear?"

"I hear the phone ring, then his car left. I don't listen in on calls, Stilinski."

"Yeah, but you've always had weirdly good hearing. Like, really good."

"Huh. Well, thanks for the observation. My dad finds me, you're a dead man."

"See, you threaten me, but I'm not scared."

"Just shut up and drive, Stiles."

We made our way to Scott's house. Stiles climbed up to the roof and I stayed on the ground. Heights and I don't agree very well.

Scott opened his front door, armed with a bat, to see Stiles on the roof, facing Scott.

"Stiles!" Scott cried. "What the hell are you doing? Why is Eliana here?"

Stiles shrugged. "You weren't answering your phone and she was bored. Why do you have a bat?"

I stuck my tongue out at Stiles. "For your information, Scotto, I was perfectly fine sitting in my room, trying to write a song. This idiot dragged me out here."

"I believe it," Scott muttered. "I thought you were a predator!"

Stiles laughed. "A pre... Look, I know it's late, but you've gotta hear this. My dad left 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing every officer from Beacon Department; even state police."

"For what?"

"Supposedly, they found a de--" I began.

Stiles covered my mouth and continued. "Two joggers found a dead body in the woods. Yuck!" He wiped his hand on my sleeve.

I stepped back. "Gross!"

"It's your spit. Grow up."

Scott rolled his eyes. "A dead body?"

"No, the living dead," I replied sarcastically.

Stiles grinned at my words before saying,  "Yes, jackass! It's a dead body."