36

Eliana's POV:

Scott, Stiles and I trekked through the woods.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott asked.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town," Stiles shot back.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow."

"He wanted a good night's sleep. Lest you forget, school resumes tomorrow," I said. "I was up late trying to write a song that doesn't want to be written."

"Stiles, wait up!" Scott and I called. "Stiles!"

A dog barked and Scott cried, "Aaah!"

"Hang on, hang on. This little delinquent belongs to me," Sheriff Stilinski said.

"Dad, how are you doing?" Stiles asked.

"Well, young man, I'm going to walk you back to your car."

We gasped as we sat up and coughed. We were handed towels and Evan put mine around me, hugging me tightly. I couldn't exactly return his hug, as my arms were encased in the towel.

"I saw it," Scott informed. "I know where it is."

Stiles nodded. "We passed it. There's -- There's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though, very big."

I looked between my guy  friends. "It was the night we were looking for the body."

"Yeah, the same night you were bit by Peter," Stiles reminded Scott.

"I was there too, in the car with my mother," Allison said. "We almost hit someone."

"It was me," Scott told her. "You almost hit me." He gasped. "We can find it."

"What?" She looked at Isaac who had a worried expression on his face.

"You guys were out a long time," Isaac answered.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles questioned.

"16 hours," Deaton replied.

Scott frowned. "We've been in the water for 16 hours?"

Evan looked between us. "And the full moon rises in less than four."

Scott got ready to leave and Stiles immediately said, "No, dude, you are not going back with them."

"I made a deal with Deucalion," Scott reminded him.

I crossed my arms. "Yeah, well, to me, it sounds a lot like a deal with the devil. Anyone else with me on this?"

"Why does it matter, anyway?" Isaac questioned.

I growled and went to lunge at him, but Stiles pulled me back.

"Because I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help," Scott explained.

"Their help?" I spat. "Lucille is on their side! The woman who fucking abused me for six years is on their side and you want to work with them?"

"It's our best option, Ella."

My eyes flashed and I glared at him. "Keep telling yourself that, Scott. Maybe you guys can go out for drinks and have a ball."

Allison turned to Deaton. "He trusts you more than anyone. Tell him he's wrong."

"I'm not so sure he is," Deaton replied. "Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies."