s i x t e e n

"No, Heaven, I know for sure that's not your truth!" Cindy had a glass of wine in her hand, the third that's she's had tonight. She was carelessly waving it around, the crimson liquid sloshing around inside.

"Cin," Heaven giggled out, also on her third glass of wine, "I promise you it is."

Heaven, Cindy, Hannah, Adrienne, Desiree, Sienna, and I were all sitting around on Adrienne's couch. A long-abandoned card game sat in front of us as we argued over lies in the game two lies and a truth.

Heaven sat back and sunk into the couch. "Maybe I need to tell the whole thing." A chorus of agreement met her ears, and a smile began to slowly stretch her lips. "Okay, so there was a bunch of maintenance going on in the hotel that we used to live at." She turned to me. "You know the one, the penthouse. But anyway, because of the maintenance, something with the elevator messed up and made it stop sometimes. So, one time Latrell and I get stuck in there for hours, so to kill time, we decided to have sex."

"There were so many other steps to have taken before deciding to have sex," Sienna laughed with a shake of her head. "Y'all get stuck in an elevator with your boo, is the first thing you're gonna do have sex?" She posed this question to the rest of us, just begging us to agree with her.

Desiree, Adrienne, and I all shared a sheepish look before bursting into laughter, a scoff sounding from who I could only assume was Sienna. We all sputtered out an "I mean" before falling into another fit of laughter.

"I'm with you, Si," Hannah backed. Sienna stuck her hand up over the coffee table, Hannah doing the same and meeting her palm for a high-five. "There are cameras, and it could start moving at any minute," she listed.

"So, let 'em watch," Desiree easily spoke with the shrug of her shoulder. Adrienne elbowed her conspiratorially, the two falling into a small laughing fit.

"I'm not with all that," I denied as I circled my hand towards the two, my wine glass finding my lips. "But when ya man got it?" I cocked my head to the side as my lips pulled to one side suggestively, my eyes finding Sienna. "He got it."

"You telling me that your man's "got it?"" Sienna asked with a roll of her eyes.

Heaven took a quick sip of her wine before a small hum left her, pulling everyone's attention towards her. "That is a question I got for you, though." She pointed her wine glass in my direction. "How is the sex with Jeremiah?"

I blew air out of my mouth before downing the rest of my glass and placing it on the table. "Best sex of my life."

Desiree grabbed the near-empty wine bottle from the table and poured what was left into my glass, granting me my fourth glass of wine that night. "Best of your life?" She inquired both curiously and almost unbelievingly over the pouring of the burgundy liquid.

"Right," Adrienne chimed in. "What about that one guy who did the tongue thing?" She took a large gulp of the drink in her hand, attempting to catch up to the rest of us who have had at least three glasses while she's still working on her second.

"Mm, I think that was the best head of her life," Cindy chimed in knowingly. "Remember how she said that he-" She stopped suddenly before glancing around the room, a blush slowly creeping up her cheeks. "Que él utiliza hielo en su boca?"

"Cin, you know the only person who knows what you said is Ri!" Desiree threw her hand up in exasperation.

"I'm sorry! I was too embarrassed to say it in English!" She defended.

"Really not important," Heaven butt in. "What I wanna know is why Jeremiah is supposedly the "best sex of your life", Ara." She crossed her legs at the knee and leaned back in her seat, eyebrows raised in anticipation as she sipped her drink.