Chapter 24- Preperation

* Chapter 24- Preperation *

Mia Evans

Today's date is August 1st; there are twenty-five days left until Dean's birthday. This means that in twenty-five days, Dean will officially become an Alpha.

Dean explained to me that every pack has their own tradition when it comes to Alpha's. For our pack, the son of an Alpha begins training at twelve years old. Therefore, he has another twelve years to prepare for the position. By the time the pending Alpha turns twenty-four, if he has found his mate and if all his training is complete, then on the evening of his birthday he shall become the new Alpha.

He also said that I need to begin training. Since I have absolutely no self-defense skills, my lessons begin today.

It started with a loud alarm clock blaring in my ear, causing me to jump and nearly fall off of the bed. I groaned loudly and pulled my blankets back up, attempting to shut out the noise and just fall back asleep.

"Time to awake, my beautiful mate", Dean purred from the doorway. I growled lowly at him and pulled the pillow closer to my head, trying to drown out as much noise as possible.

I heard Dean sigh from across the room and I smirked, knowing I could get away with being late for the lesson.

"I'll be back in an hour", he mumbled from the doorway before walking away.

I poked my head out from under my pillow and turned off the alarm clock, getting comfy once again.

Keeping his word, he came back an hour later. Except this time, he woke me up by using a different method.

I felt the bed droop beside me, instantly waking me out of my slumber.

"Now, you must wake up beautiful", I heard Dean whisper whilst leaning down, kissing my cheek softly. I stirred, not wanting to get out of bed anytime soon.

His lips moved around, moving towards my ear and biting down gently on the lobe.

"Come on babe, time to get up", he said more sternly. Not wanting to make him angry, I opened my eyes and he smiled brightly, proud that he actually got me up. I've never been a morning person, and I never will.

He patted my thigh gently as I pulled my covers off whilst he whispered, "that's my girl."

I stuck my tongue out at him before going into the bathroom and doing the essentials, wanting to feel energetic so I won't be drowsy during my lesson.

After I finished, I followed the decadent aroma of pancakes coming from the kitchen, practically falling down the stairs to get there. I walked over to the stove where the pancakes sat on a plate, wondering where Dean was.

I shrugged it off, assuming he was setting up the backyard for our lesson. I hurriedly ate my pancakes and chugged down a glass of milk before grabbing a water bottle and exiting the back door.

The sun temporarily blinded me due to its brightness, but my eyes quickly adjusted.

When I could finally see what Dean had set up, my mouth dropped to the floor.Various kickboxing stands of all sizes lined the backyard, along with mats and punching gloves. I felt tired just looking at it, and I knew this day was going to feel long.

A hand gripped my shoulder and I turned around to meet a smirking Dean.

"I'm not finished setting up yet, why don't you run five laps around the yard?"

I scowled and began to walk off when Dean cleared his throat. I slowly turned around and crossed my arms, wanting nothing more than to finish my laps so I can relax. The backyard was pretty big, so I wasn't exactly looking forward to running around the perimeter of it.