Chapter 3- It's Her (revised)

*Chapter 3- It's Her*

Dean Sanders

I watched her swift movements as she walked; the loose arms at her sides, the endless tears falling from her eyes.

As she came closer to where I was, I backed up a bit so she wouldn't notice me.

She sat against a tree, looking out in the woods in front of her.

As I got a closer look at her face, something inside me sparked. Her brown hair was shiny and had a tint of curl to it, and her eyes were a gorgeous color; a mixture of brown and green. She was the most beautiful creature I had ever laid my eyes on.

Mate, my wolf whispered.

A smile had made its way on to my face. I've been waiting for my mate since I was 16, and now I've found her.

But my heart immediately plummeted back down into my stomach, knowing she was crying. It stung a lot, and all I wanted to do was run out from the bushes that hid me and hug my mate to make her feel better.

She buried her face into her small hands as her sobs echoed off of the trees. I shut my eyes, knowing that when she is with me, I will do everything in my power not to hear that heart wrenching sound again.

It seemed that quite a bit of time has passed before she got up and began walking in the direction she came. I decided to follow her, shifting back into my wolf just so I could move quietly.

I kept behind her a reasonable distance until she turned and entered a large house, walking inside and shutting the door behind her.

By now it was dark so I turned back, knowing my parents would be even angrier if they set out a search for me and found me beyond our boarders.

That night, I fell asleep with the picture of my mate in my head, dreaming of what she would be like right now, cuddled up beside me.

**

After I had finished up my daily jobs, I snuck off and retraced my steps from yesterday so I could find my way back to her.

After running for a mile or so, I recognized my surroundings and slowly walked to the clearing she was in yesterday.

I spotted her there using some sort of device, a camera I believe it is, walking around and snapping pictures of the nature that surrounded her.

Might I say, seeing her in the daylight just made her that much more attractive.

The light bounced off her clear complexion, giving her skin a radiant tone and making her beautiful eyes sparkle. Her hair was wavy today, and it trailed down her back right to where her bra would be connected. I shuddered at the thought of her in only a bra, but quickly shook it off, not wanting my wolf to get too excited.

Again I watched her until dusk fell, and I walked behind her until she got home. I was very curious to see what her home looked like, so I cautiously walked up to a window and peeked inside. She was sitting at the table eating what appeared to be macaroni and cheese, looking at some photos seated beside her. I took a step closer to the window and just my luck, a branch breaks.

I switch into my wolf form and crouch low, hoping she didn't hear me the first time. But, being the stupid person I am, I stepped on a pile of crisp leaves causing an even louder noise to echo. I knew she must have heard me, so I back away, out of sight from the window. I hear soft footsteps approach and a light pops on outside.

I held my breath, afraid she could hear any tiny movement I made. Unfortunately for me, the time passed irritably slow. When the light finally switched off, I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding but it came out sounding more like a whimper.