Chapter 21- I Need You

* Chapter 21- I Need You *

Mia Evans

I could hear faint whispers from across the room, but not enough to wake me up. I felt as if half of my body was up and active, but the other half was in so much pain I didn't dare move. I laid there for a while until the whispers became more instense; it was a full blown conversation between people that occupied the same room as I did.

I felt my body begin to shake with fear. My wolf was encouraging me to get up and fight, but there was still that what if.

Like, what if these men were armed and dangerous?

What if they were all just humans and I could overpower them?

What if they were going to kill me?

My body was a bundle of nerves, I didn't know what to believe anymore. My father would always tell me, "In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take." What if this was my only chance to get out?

When the voices subsided I fluttered my eyes open, only to realize I was in what looked like a holding cell. I turned my head slightly to look all around, sighing with relief when I realized no one was there. I slowly sat up, my head beginning to throb as I moved. My vision was slightly off, but I was relieved at the fact there wasn't more damage.

I slowly crawled towards the front of the cell, coming to a stop in the corner. I looked around the best I could, praying no one was near.

I used my enhanced hearing and sight, taking a deep breath when I noticed no one was close. I stood up using the wall for support, trying my best to ignore my throbbing head.

I placed one hand on one bar, and one hand on another. I breathed deeply before putting forth all my strength and effort, hoping to open the bars just enough so I could slip out.

I felt the bars begin to shift beneath my grasp. I was using all my strength and I felt my hands already blistering, but if I can get out, it would be worth it.

I never expected for all my abilities to suddenly get better. I've had to wear contacts since seventh grade, and now I don't have to. My hearing was awful because, let's face it, I practically blew my eardrums out listening to music everyday. As for strength, I didn't exactly work out everyday. I would usually avoid it at all costs, and now I have the strength of a man on steroids. It was weird, but amazing at the same time knowing how much more powerful I was.

Slowly, the bars began to move outward. As if it was inspiring me, energy coursed through my veins as I pulled harder, the bars bending even more. A loud squeaking noise filled my ears as the bars bent, and I knew I had to hurry up. It was only a matter of time before someone realized I was escaping, and right now, I really needed help from someone.

I thought about everything, knowing I probably overreacted towards Dean. It wasn't his fault his wolf got angry; if I smelt a female on him, I'd probably go insane too. I know he shouldn't have gotten to the point where he almost hit me, but I'm willing to move on as soon as I got back to him. With him, I feel safe; I need him by my side each and everyday. My emotions grew stronger for him the longer we were apart, and I realized then that it wasn't the mate bond.

It was because I love him.

I've questioned what love was for such a long time, and even though I'd never felt it, my heart knows. It's the sweat that lingers on my hands after speaking with him, or the flips my heart does when I see him. It's the feeling of relief when I wake up in the morning with his arms around my waist and the smile that always appears on my face when I'm with him. Love isn't something that occurs often; it happens once in a lifetime. It's never perfect, it has its flaws just as anything does. But you make it perfect by the way you show your love, and I haven't done that.