Chapter 2- Uh Oh (revised)

*Chapter 2- Uh Oh*

The sun was starting to set, and I decided to head back home from the clearing. This is the third day I had come here, and I have to admit it has helped me clear my head.

Yesterday I brought my camera with me to take pictures of the beautiful setting. If the sun was bright enough, the light would shine through the green leaves and made the atmosphere seem peaceful. It was as if it came out of a novel; a cliché, picturesque setting.

I began the walk back and searched through the pictures I took today, hoping they came out clear enough so I could print them.

I walked in the front door and sat at the table, printing the nicest pictures and hanging them around the house trying to brighten up the dull walls.

I smiled at my accomplishment and fixed myself some Mac and cheese, seeing as I didn't really know how to cook anything else.

My dad was still in a coma and the hospital called every day letting me know his condition was the same. It definitely bummed me out knowing I would be on my own for a while, but I can only hope for the best.

I dug into the cheesy goodness that sat before me, watching some random show on the small TV located in the kitchen.

However, the sound of leaves rustling outside broke my concentration and startled me. I shook it off, knowing it must have been the wind.

I continued eating, until I heard the sound again. I put down my fork and stood up, walking to the nearest window and looked outside, but all I could see was darkness. I reached over to flip the light switch, holding my breath as I did.

The light illuminated the darkness outside, and thankfully, I didn't see a murderer outside. I sighed and chuckled a bit, knowing how stupid I was to think that someone was outside. I turned out the light and sat back down at the table, spending the rest of my night relaxing.

**

As I browsed through the art section at Walmart, I decided on picking up some paints, pencils, and sketch pads.

I checked out and walked to my car, picking up McDonalds before beginning the ride home.

I left my bag in my already messy car, walking straight into my backyard and into the woods. I found the trail easily and walked through, noticing the day seemed a bit brighter. The birds were chirping a tuneful song and I found myself smiling, humming along with them.

When I came to the clearing I sat down and perched myself against a tree facing the rest of the woods and drawing exactly what I saw.

I didn't know how long it took me, but I drew every detail I could see. When I finished, I colored it in with the colored pencils I purchased and closed my sketch pad.

I decided to explore the woods further, knowing there has to be other beautiful locations in the woods.

I picked a random path near the clearing and began to follow it, assuming it led to a nicer spot.

The path was small and I didn't recognize the area I was in. The sun seemed to have disappeared from the sky and the setting was dark, as if I shouldn't have been there.

But it only intrigued me more.

I continued to follow the eerie path, observing my surroundings carefully so I could find my way back.

After walking for a long time, I noticed the path seemed to widen a little bit. I hoped it was nearing its end, seeing as the sun was vanishing from the sky at an incredibly fast rate.