Chapter 11- Leaving Home

* Chapter 11- Leaving Home *

It seemed as if the rain poured down harder with each passing minute. Thunder boomed and lightning cracked; it was the worst storm i've seen in a long time.

Dean and I sat in the living room, Max curled up into a ball on his lap. It was surprising he warmed up to Dean like that; Max wasn't good with people. The day I got him, he growled at me the whole ride home. When I brought him inside, he hid from me. He only came out when he had to go to the bathroom or to eat. It was like having a teenager around the house.

A loud clap of thunder broke me from my thoughts, a whimper escaping Max. He snuggled closer to Dean, a smile coating my face.

After spilling my whole life story to Dean, I have to admit I feel slightly embarrassed. I've never told anyone the story of my life, but he reacted the way I wanted him too. He held me and allowed me to release all of the emotions I kept bottled up inside.

I sighed contently and turned my head towards the TV, trying to concentrate on the movie playing. It was some action movie that would never catch my attention, it was only on because Dean chose it.

I reached my hand towards the popcorn bowl sitting between us, and coincidetally his hand reached for it at the same time. They touched, igniting a spark that ran through my whole arm. I immediately pulled it back, my cheeks burning. His cheeks were a light shade of pink, but a smile plastered his face.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention", I said nervously, turning my body back towards the television. He mumbled an incoherent response, petting Max slightly on his head.

I didn't take anymore popcorn the rest of the night, wanting to avoid anymore awkward moments. After the action movie, I decided to put on a comedy. I chose the movie Grown Ups, considering it never fails to make me laugh, and Dean had never seen it.

By 10:30, we had finished the movies and I was tired. Dean looked it too, the way he yawned continuously.

"Alright my bedroom is upstairs, second door on the right. Make yourself at home", I said, plopping myself down on the couch. He snorted, causing me to look up at him.

"You really think I'm going to let you sleep on the couch?" He asked, a serious tone to his voice.

"Well, duh."

He smiled at my response, crossing his arms over his chest. "No, you sleep in your bed. I'm comfy on the couch."

I shook my head. "You allowed me to sleep in your bed, so now you are allowed to sleep in mine", I insisted, laying my head against the throw pillow.

He groaned, obviously annoyed by my actions.

"I didn't want to have to do this, but I guess I have too", he said trailing off.

He walked next to the couch and threw me over his shoulder, as if I weighed nothing. I gasped, the sight of Dean's butt in my face was a little much right now.

"Ugh, Dean put me down!" I shouted, my hands balled into fists. I repeatedly punched his back, wishing it would make him put me down.

He ignored my comments as he took me upstairs. I swore to myself, knowing he would be stubborn.

I heard my bedroom door creek open and before I knew it, I was plopped down on my comforter, looking up at Dean's smirking face.

"That's not funny you idiot! I feel bad enough for leaving, the least I could do is allow you to sleep in my bed", I said pleadingly. His face softened before he glanced down at his feet, thinking about what I had told him.