Chapter 30- A Happy Ending

Dean Sanders

My connection with Mia completely cut off. I couldn't talk to her, and she wasn't contacting me. My heart was beating so fast I was sure I was about to have a heart attack.

I knew the plan was taking a turn for the worse. Mia is in danger, and my pack was about to be if I don't think fast.

"Alpha, what do we do?" My Beta asked nervously.

I looked around at my pack, noticing that they all were preparing to shift. I knew my pack would be able to fight, and that they wouldn't let me or their Luna down.

I felt my nails sharpen into claws as my wolf began to take over. I tensed my jaw and looked back at my Beta, nodding my head.

"We fight," I growled loudly, causing both myself and my pack to shift.

I ran towards the pack house, howling. My pack followed behind me, doing the same.

I silently prayed that Mia was alright, and that no one could hurt her before I get to her.

Mia Evans

Darkness surrounded me. The only thing heard was my unsteady breathing, and I could not bring myself to open my eyes. I was hoping this entire thing was just a dream, and that somehow I would wake up warm in my bed, wrapped in Dean's arms.

I tried to move my arms, but nothing happened. I was in complete darkness, and was getting more frustrated with each passing second. A rotten smell filled my senses, bringing me out of my hazy state a little more. I felt hard concrete beneath me, along with a warmer liquid clinging to me.

I heard a banging noise in the distance, along with heavy footsteps. They were getting closer but I couldn't open my eyes to see who it was. The person mumbled something and I felt myself being lifted off of the ground, but I still could not move my arms or legs.

The person who carried me spoke with a louder voice, but I couldn't make out a thing they were saying. Everything was a blur, I couldn't even think straight.

The person stopped and set me down on the ground, and I felt a hand run through my hair. I wanted to open my eyes and see who saved me, but of course it wasn't going to happen.

I heard more footsteps and voices run over to where I was, making me feel uncomfortable. What was happening? Was I dying?

I felt something wrap around my head, along with a slight pinch in my arm. I tensed, and everything stopped. I could no longer hear anything, or feel anything. It was as if I was floating through the air, with nothing to hold me down.

Suddenly, something tugged my arm back. I saw nothing, but began to hear a distant voice.

I couldn't make out what it was saying, but it gradually got louder. When it was finally loud enough, I could tell what they were saying. They were calling my name.

"Mia? Come back, Mia come back!"

Come back? Well, where was I? I tried to follow the direction of the voice, but it sounded as if it were coming from every direction. I grew more annoyed as the seconds went by, but eventually, it all stopped. I was alone.

I looked around but all I could see was darkness. I began to walk forward, when I felt my arm being tugged again. It was pulling me in the opposite direction, but how do I know if it's the right one?

The sensation grew stronger and stronger until I had no choice but to follow it. I ran as fast as I could, with no clue where I was heading.

I stopped when I noticed a figure in the distance. It was clearly a man, but I was not close enough to be able to see who it was.