Chapter 5- Helping Hands (revised)

* Chapter 5 - Helping Hands *

Loud growling erupted from all around me. It was dark and I was alone, the only sound heard was the snarling of whatever creatures surrounded me. I began to panic, fear rushing through every vain of my body as I looked around, trying to find an explanation for what was going on.

It was the black of night; no stars lined the night sky. The only light source was coming from the dim light of the full moon, covered by thin layers of clouds.

The growling got louder, until it came to a point I had to cover my sensitive ears. I felt a burning sensation ignite within me as I dropped to my knees and stared up at the sky. I screamed as loud as I possibly could, drowning out the noise of snarling animals. As much as I wanted to sit here until everything stopped, something inside me forced me up. The clouds shied away from the moon, the full brightness shining down from the sky.

That's when I saw it.

The scene before my eyes was brutal. I wanted to coward away and run far, but I had no idea where I was, or where I would be going.

Wolves surrounded me on all four sides; I was in the middle. They were biting and clawing at each other, dried blood coating their fur. I felt as if I was on the verge of a panic attack. My breaths were uneven and forced, as my limps began to go numb. I was scared and I felt vulnerable. I quickly tried to regain my composure, realizing how serious and dangerous this situation was.

In the distance, I heard a faint voice, but I couldn't exactly pinpoint who it was or where it was coming from. I looked all around me; the fighting wolves completely oblivious to my existence.

I heard the voice again, only this time it sounded louder and closer. I began to look around franticly, hoping that this was a person who could get me out of here.

I kept hearing the mysterious voice until I could make it out; it was a male, and he was calling my name.

"Hello? Where are you?" I shouted, turning around in circles.

"Mia?" The voice called again. I began to worry, fearing he could not hear me.

"Yes! I'm here, someone help!" I shouted back right away, my heart thumping loudly in my chest. I continued to look around, but there wasn't another human in sight

"Mia, look out!" The voice shouted again, only it was too late.

I turned and I was tackled to the ground by a huge black wolf. I screamed as it pinned my arms and legs, howling. I knew this meant it was going for the kill, and I gave up. I stared striaght at it, the brown eyes so dark, they almost matched its fur. It finally looked me right in the eye, before clenching its jaws and growling loudly at me. It hurriedly lunged at my throat, and I screamed out one last time.

I shot up out of bed, a piercing scream escaping my throat. Sweat coated my forehead and the back of my neck, my clothes and hair sticking to my body. I ran a hand through my damp hair, taking deep breaths and mumbling things to get me to calm down.

I heard rapid footsteps coming up the stairs and got even more frightened, forgetting I wasn't in my own home.

Dean shot in the room, fear coating his eyes.

"What's the matter? Are you alright?" He asked caringly, sitting at the foot of the bed. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah I guess so. Bad dream..." He nodded his head, understanding my situation. It was only when I bothered to look up at him when I noticed he was only in boxers. My eyes went wide and I bet you could see my bright red cheeks even in the darkness.