Chapter 16

Song=Anywhere but here: Mayday Parade

I ran right to her, no one looked in my direction. Not that I was focusing on anyone else. "Jen!" I yelled, not believing that it could be her. She was dead, her mate took her body and left. 

She still didn't turn around.  

I tapped her on the shoulder, and then walked around her body so we could be face to face. My smile dropped, it wasn't her. Her eye color and structure of her face were all wrong. Giving a quiet, "I'm sorry; I thought you were someone else." I started to walk away. 

"Did someone call my name?" I could hear a hint of amusement in the girls voice, a voice I thought I wouldn't hear again. 

My head whipped so fast around that I'm surprised it didn't snap. "H-how?" 

Jen walked up to me in a completely different outfit then what I last saw on her. A pair of skinny jeans hugged her legs. A loose navy blue shirt hung of her shoulders, wearing a pair of high brown boots. Her outfit wasn't the only thing that was different. Her eye color was now black, and her complexion was pale. 

"Y-you're a vampire." I blinked and made sure that what I was seeing was true. 

"Well, so are you, but I already knew that." She already knew? I was about to ask, but she looked behind me as I could hear footsteps getting closer. "Thank you Kyle for bringing her, I can take care of everything from here." 

I turned around, but Kyle was no longer there. 

"Now come along, Chloe." She started walking. I just stared. 

"How?" I finally stopped stuttering.  

Realizing that I wasn't following she stopped and looked at me. She gave me a small smile. "If you come with me, I will explain everything." 

"Okay." Slowly making my way to her we walked in sync until we reached a small sized cabin. Pulling a key out of her pocket she put it in the lock then opened the door. 

"Welcome to my home," she said, as she placed the key back in her pocket, and jumped onto the small couch that was against the far wall. 

"You live here?" I looked around at the cozy sized place. Details surrounding the ceiling, the fuzzy rug, and the little kitchen. 

"Yep." She patted the seat next to her on the couch. "So now that we arrived at the destination you can ask as many questions as you want." 

Now that she was giving me the chance to ask whatever I wanted, I didn't know what to ask first. So the best place to start would be the beginning. When I thought she died. 

"How are you not dead?" 

"Do you want me to be dead?" She asked. 

"No! I-it's just..." The stuttering came back. 

She started to laugh. "You need to relax, I was just kidding. You can slouch your shoulders. Here, I will go grab some tea." She raced into the kitchen, and in a blink had two mugs in her hand. I was surprised she didn't spill anything on her floor. 

Taking a sip of the tea to break the awkward staring contest that seemed to be happening, then placed it down on the table in front of me. "So..." I started to pick up where I left off. 

"It worked, I knew it would." Jen mumbled as she put her cup on the table, without taking a sip. 

Startled, I asked, "What worked?" 

"My plan to get you here." 

"You planned for your beloved to come, for you to almost die, and for me to become a vampire!"