Chapter 11

"I don't understand how we can't find that girl!" Trent banged his fist on the desk causing papers to fall off the sides. 

It has been two weeks since Jen has been hiding out. I would sneak food to her every night, telling Trent that I needed to go to the bathroom. There was a bathroom connected to the bedroom but it wasn't working. Trent thought one of his bodyguards used it, because he would never expect it was his beloved trying to have an excuse to leave the bedroom, to go see his escaped maid, by shoving things down a toilet to make it clog up.  

"We have looked everywhere sir," one man spoke. "Are you sure she didn't leave already?" 

Trent decided that he needed to have a meeting about how the search was going. So he got some of his guards together to meet up early in the morning, dragging me out of bed with them. He might not need the sleep, but I sure did. 

"I have guards surrounding this place in every direction. There is no way some human girl could get through all of them unnoticed. She is still here, and we will find her!" His voice started to rise, and I was preparing myself for another bang from the table, but instead he laced his hand threw mine and gave a squeeze. 

"This has been going on for quite some time now; maybe we just need a little bit more help. Maybe, someone who hasn't been searching this house every day. We have been looking for so long that everything always looks the same." In a way the man seemed to be complaining, but by the way his face looked paler then usual you could tell he hadn't had blood for a while and just wanted to leave. 

Trent looked to be thinking deeply about something before he spoke. "You make a good point, Luke. I will call in a good friend of mine to come down and check the place out. You are all dismissed." 

Luke was the first one out and everyone else left right after to go back to their duties, leaving me and the prince alone. 

"So..." I drawled out, trying to get his attention back in my direction. "Who is this friend you are talking about?" 

"You will find out soon, he usually arrives fast." 

With him still holding my hand he pulled me out of my seat and escorted me out of the room.  

Trent had been acting really nice for these past weeks. He let me sleep in a different bedroom then him the first night, only if I had guards outside my door. So I agreed, and that was probably the worst decision I made. Because throughout the night Trent would barge into my room with a scared expression and mumble, "I thought you tried to leave." And after the fourth time he just dragged me out of the bed and went to his room, but he kept his space by sleeping on the floor and gave me the bed. So I got absolutely no sleep that first night. 

When I woke up he would always leave a note on the bedside table explaining where he was and what he would be doing that day then say when he would be back. When he was gone it gave me the perfect opportunity to see Jen. 

The guards didn't need to follow me around the house to make sure I was protected because as long as the windows and doors were locked it cave them reassurance that I couldn't run away. So that gave me tons of time to do whatever I wanted, except leave. 

Jen would always ask how close I was getting with Trent and if I found a way to unlock the windows. And every time I would say I was just a little bit closer and no. 

The truth was that every time he did something small like grab my hand, or kiss my wrist. I wouldn't be disgusted like I was supposed to, and that scared me. Luckily he hasn't tried to kiss me on the lips, because I am truly scared of how I would react. 

"So are you thinking eggs and bacon this morning?" 

I nodded my head and quickly sat down at the kitchen table before he could pull the seat out for me.