Chapter 26

The door upstairs I could hear slam open just as the one down here closed.

I didn't know what Kyle meant by "part two" until I hear the first scream of a worker. Trent was making process with the blood bank thing; people might have thought that he was changing for the better. The progress was all going down the drain as another scream was heard. Trent is starting to turn back into the Monster everyone thinks him to be. Part two has begun.

This was happening all because I wouldn't agree to kill the prince. I should have never come.

If I could move any part of my body right now it would be my arms, just so I would have something to cover my ears. As screams continued to happen all I could do was listen. I couldn't scream that I was in the basement; there was still something over my mouth. He had no idea where I was, and that's what probably scared him the most. And just like the first time I went missing he was going to do whatever he could to find me, like killing.

It was like I was in the castles basement again. The same familiar feeling of a rag over my mouth and my hands being tied behind my back, trying to tell Trent to look at me, to tell him not to harm anyone, that I was with him in the room and he didn't need to kill anymore. This scenario was different; I wasn't in the same room as him. There was no one to tell him to stop.

The images of people started to become a vivid picture in my mind. One head on the ground, a dead body hanging over a chair, someone gasping for breath and scratching at their neck to be released, screaming that they didn't know where I was. I tried shutting my eyes to make the images go away, but it just got worse. And my hearing intensified as I heard one word screamed upstairs, "Monster."

He isn't a monster, that's not who he is.

Helpless, that's what Kyle called me, and he was right.

I couldn't even move my head to try and shake the gag off my mouth. I was like a stuffed animal that someone decided to leave on the floor. I hate it.

"Where is she?!" Trent yelled, as another crash was heard.

I'm down here! No words came out.

"I'm so sorry, your highness, I have no idea where she is." Val actually sounded frightened. Her voice shook as I could hear the click of a door open. "She should be here. I have no idea where she could have gone."

"You are lying to me!" A hiss was heard and another crash. "You know exactly where she is. You're just not telling me."

"I'm telling you the truth. Maybe she left; she finally found a way to leave you." What was Val doing, she was aggravating him. "I bet she couldn't wait to get away from you. She probably hates you."

When I first met Trent that's what I told him, "I hate you." That was in no way true now, but his mind was already in overdrive. I could picture his eyes getting that deep red color. I hear another scream, but this one was longer than the others, it sounded more painful, and then it just stopped.

Val was dead.

"She doesn't hate me. She wouldn't leave me." Trent was talking out loud trying to reassure himself I wouldn't do those things, and I wouldn't. I wondered if there was anyone listening to him talk out loud, but my ears didn't pick up any heartbeats. He had killed all the humans in the building. He was alone upstairs. I don't know how many vampire guards were still here, but I knew they would all be outside, just waiting for the prince to calm down.

If I was up there I could help, people wouldn't be dead.

Why did I have to be so helpless?