Chapter 14

Song= A Drop In the Ocean: Ron Pope

I wanted to scream so badly, but when I would open my mouth my lungs would get filled with air. Causing me to turn my head into the stranger's chest, that I was sure was Finn's. I watched as he continued to breeze through the trees not flinching as the wind hit his body, the wind didn't even remove his hood so I couldn't see a peek of his eyes. I would remove their hood with my hands, but they were already being occupied on holding on around their neck. I was too afraid that if I let go I would fall off. So instead of looking up to where the temptation of removing the person's hood was, instead I tried looking down, and instantly regretted it.

The ground and his feet were moving way too fast for my mind to get a grasp on what was going on. He would fluently move around what looked like rocks and logs, at least what I could glance at. Everything must be going in slow motion for him, I didn't feel any bumps. It was like he was skating down a hill on a completely flat surface.

I started to hear sirens in the distance, those loud ones that anyone could hear in a twenty mile radius. They were coming from the castle, they were only heard when something was clearly wrong. The last time they were heard was about a year ago when a picture of a girl popped up on the TV screens of every household in America. I remember this was before Greg enforced the no-leaving-the-truck rule. We had stopped at a small café, and on the TV was a girl with long blonde hair, and below her name was a price that would be given to the person that brought her back. The picture was of a girl that used to be living, the girl once known as Jen.

I remember wondering why he would want her, I thought she ran away from a wedding proposal, but as she explained to me that she just wanted to kill him, it made sense that he would want her returned back to the castle. I guess eventually he did find her, since she became his maid. She explained to me that he couldn't just throw her in the jail cell since she could easily escape, so instead he locked her parents In there and would torture them if she did anything wrong. Now she was dead, so she couldn't kill him now, or save her parents.

But his time it wasn't Jen they were looking for, it was me.

Maybe I could still save her parents from their cell? That would make me feel less guilty for not going along with her plan to kill Trent. It would make me feel the slightest bit better about myself.

The sirens started to sound farther away as we kept moving. I wondered why no one stopped us. Then realized that Finn was wearing a castle uniform, how did he get that? We eventually stopped running at such a fast pace and eventually slowed down enough that I could open my eyes.

We stood in front of a tree. He didn't put me down.

I unclasped my fingers from around his neck and took my hands and pushed at his chest to let me go. He didn't.

"I don't understand why you didn't just kill me right away," I said, catching my breath as the adrenaline rush started to go away. "Do you want to make my death slow, Is that why?"

There was silence. "Why would I want to kill you? We need you."

That wasn't Finn's voice.

The stranger removed their hood to show a head full of curly blonde hair and black eyes. He took a step closer which resulted in me making a hissing noise come out of my mouth. My hands quickly covered my mouth to try to stop, as my eyes to become as big as the moon.

He put me down on my feet and put his hands up. "You are okay, I won't hurt you."

Images of Trent popped in my head, of him telling me that. Instantly the mark on my wrist started to ache, my gums started to hurt again and I could feel my canines start to elongate. My headache came back making me feel dizzy; I could feel my body start to wobble.