Chapter 5

I sat down awkwardly at the table as Trent finished pushing in my chair, and then walked to his seat.

The table was a long, rectangular, mahogany color with a bunch of seats around it that have a red cushion on them. Across from where I sat were Kally and a guy I never met before. The guy had dark brown shaggy hair that fell over his black eyes. He wore an eyebrow ring and a tight black tuxedo on like Trent. I admit he did look good, but not as good. Yet he looks so familiar.

What was I thinking? Sitting so close to Trent was probably screwing up my mind like it always did.

We were so close that I could smell his cologne by taking just a small whiff of the air, and I bet if I had to cut food with a knife I would elbow him with my elbow. Not that they would trust me with a knife. I felt so uncomfortable that I moved my chair farther away. I knew that he could tell I moved my chair just by the way his facial expression dropped. I felt bad and was about to move back when I shook my head and decided against it. I was acting irrational.

"So..." Kally started to say breaking the silence in the room. "When is dinner starting?" She looked up at Trent as she asked her question.

"They should be here any minute," he replied.

She nodded her head and turned her attention to the guy sitting next to her; she smiled then grabbed his hand with hers and went back to being quiet.

I stare at them for a couple seconds. I know it's not nice to stare, but I know I have seen this man before, I just could pin point how I did.

"Who are you?" I blurted out, but covered my mouth with my hands when I didn't mean to actually ask the question.

The man sitting next to Kally cocked his eyebrow, "Who am I?" I nodded my head in response. "Well I am Drew, Trent's head of army and Kallys husband."

So that's how I recognized him, as the head of the vampire army. I remember him on television sometimes talking about how more people should donate blood. Because it was the right thing to do, and us humans would get paid hugely for it. Some people would take the risk of going to those places because they were low on money, but I heard only about half of them returned. And if they didn't return you knew the vampires took more than they needed to.

That part I knew about him, but I didn't know he is Kally's husband.

"So you both are beloveds too."

"No, we are not," Kally explained, "We are not beloveds like you and Trent. That barely ever happens. We are just two vampires that fell in love." She looked up at Drew dreamily as he did the same for her. "We met when he first got the job. He was so cute back then, and still is." She reached her hand up and pinched his cheek. Then he slapped it away, which only made her laugh.

I smiled at the both of them, they looked so happy. I know that Trent always tries to hold my hand, and every time I refuse, but maybe I was just scared of my feelings towards him. I knew I had feeling for him, and it took me long enough to realize it, but after that talk with kally in the bedroom, everything she said made sense. She may not be trustworthy, but she did have a point. Except the part about me being in denial, I wasn't in denial, I just pushed the idea of love to the back of my brain. And I did that when Trent told me about being his beloved. I didn't want to believe it, I am supposed to get rid of the prince, but I couldn't do that if he was made for me. So I just couldn't think of him as my other half, he had to be thought of as my enemy.

The waiters came in and brought the food out on beautiful silver platters. They first placed a large turkey in the middle, then apple sauce, green beans, mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. I haven't seen that much food in a while so it made my mouth water.