Chapter 2

"We are here!"

I sat up so fast that I banged my head on the truck wall behind me. Making my brown hair fall in front of my face and get matted to my forehead from sweat. I probably looked like a mess.

I must have fallen asleep because my back hurt when I sat up and I felt a big cramp on my side. It's not my fault that I sleep on the floor of the truck, and that Greg wasn't kind enough to use some of his money for a mattress! Or maybe some new clothes! I've had these clothes for so long that they feel tight and are extremely dirty.

I had on a pair of grey sweatpants that were now two inches above my ankles, when they were exactly at my ankles 2 years ago. And the waist band now cut into my hips showing an elastic line where it hugged me to tight. I don't even want to explain how uncomfortable my underwear or bra is, I probably just moved up one size. My shirt was a plain pink one, but at the top it looked redder from the blood that dripped from my neck. And at my neck I could feel two dents punctured into my skin surrounded by dried blood.

I internally cringed when I touched them. They were like a bruise, but they never went away. And just like a bruise they were a constant reminder that I must have done something wrong to make them appear. But instead of falling I fell into a trap with a madman named Greg. So the injury would always be there.

I groaned as the madman stood directly across from me with a sinister smile planted on his face.

The back of the truck was open letting in the bright sun of the morning. It was blinding compared to the darkness just seconds ago. Looking for the best spot to move away from the suns' rays, I started scooting myself to the far corner of the truck. I never was a morning person.

"Stop that Chloe. You are just making a fool of yourself," Greg said.

He's saying I'm making a fool of myself? He is the one who smells his money and dips the end of his mustache in blood. Of course he says it makes a statement, but it just looks stupid. At first I thought it was left over ketchup from lunch, but was thoroughly disgusted when I found out what it actually was. I never tried to take a sneak peak at the driver's seat again.

I glared at him not saying a word and crawling to the edge of the truck and jumped out the back. It felt weird to feel the grass on my feet (I guess there was an advantage of not having shoes.) I only get fresh air one week out of a whole month, and that wasn't because Greg tried to be nice, and nice is not a word that would describe him. No, the only reason he would let me out was because he got sick of me complaining about my girl problems.

I outstretched my arms out to my sides, and took deep breath in and out. I almost felt free.

Greg roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my trance, "What are you doing? You're not a bird. So stop acting like one." He grabbed my hand with the same amount of roughness and snapped the metal chains on my wrist. This was his way of not making me run away, but I never saw the point. I mean how is tying my hands together going to make me not run away? Didn't he know I had two legs? Stupid was definitely a word to describe him.

He then grabbed my elbow and forced me in the direction he was walking. My feet dragged across the grass because I was too weak to pick them up. It's hard to walk when all your blood is almost drained completely from your body every week. And it didn't help that Greg parked the car far away from the castle.

He had a bunch of blood bags in the truck from past kids that died but still had blood. He would either sell them or he would give them to me to get more blood in my body. At first when he suggested it I tried to fight him, but he just pushed me and I was so light from blood loss that I banged my head and fell unconscious. Then when I woke up I felt better and an empty bag of blood sat next to me. So now instead of just pushing me he would just do it and I would look away. And if I didn't he would threaten me with a needle filled with strange fluids. In it was something that would always make me go into a deep sleep and wake up with a pounding headache. So there was no use of fighting it, it wasn't going to help me in any way.