Chapter 29

With a flick of her wrist I felt my arms get pulled behind my back, one wrong move and I was sure they would snap, but I could still move my head to see two vampires on either side of me, and looking over at Finn I saw he was having the same problem as I was. Except Finn was one of the older vampires and slightly more powerful so gave more of a struggle.

Jen started to walk to him and touched his shoulder making him calmer. "The boy let you out of the cell okay?" Jen asked, and then looked over at me.

"How did you—" I got gagged...again.

Why does this always have to happen to me! Finn didn't get anything over his mouth. Was he working with her? But then why would he have to hold back by vampires? Was that also part of the plan to trick me that he was on my side? The look on his face settled my nerves. He looked shocked, he didn't know either how Jen knew we got out of the cell.

Jen backed up away from him and placed both her hands on her hips. "I made sure that everyone was here to see this big moment. So I told this boy in the castle that if he let you escape I would give him something in return. The boy told me something very interesting that he wanted. He told me that he knew Finn, that Finn was the man who turned him into a vampire. And that he wanted to give him something in return for doing so."

My body started to be dragged backwards and to the side of the tree; I didn't know why they were doing this, but I didn't have a good feeling.

"How did you know that we would be stuck in the cells?" Finn asked.

"Just a thought, anyways," she dismissed his question." I made a deal with this boy."

The tree opened and Jude walked in.

What was he doing here? He said he was staying at the castle.

Finn didn't see him. "What kind of deal?"

Jude pulled a small knife from the inside of his pocket.

Finn still had his back facing the tree. I tried making small noises through the cloth, but no sound would come out. I tried pounding my feet on the ground to get his attention, but he was too concentrated on Jen to focus on anything else.

"The deal was that if he let you free, he would get his revenge. He never wanted to be a vampire, he wanted to die. He never wanted saving." She was speaking in Finn's direction, but he couldn't hear her, his head was already on the ground. "He finally got his revenge."

Jude put the bloody knife back into his pocket.

Jen turned to me. "Now wasn't that easy? One swipe is all it took, it wouldn't have been that easy to kill the prince, because he's a royal, but you get the drift." The gag was removed from my mouth. "Any comments?"

I watched as Finn's body was carried away. Jude was walking behind them with a rare smile on his face.

"Why? Why would you do that?" My voice already sounded defeated.

"I needed a way to get you out of the cell, and that was my way." She continued to walk forward and I continued to be dragged. "I got two things done at once."

I tried digging my heels into the ground to make the vampires stop pulling me, but they wouldn't. "You wanted to kill Finn! He was your only beloved!"

"Yes, and I don't care about some beloved." She stopped, and the men holding me stopped too. "That night that you saw me stab the glass threw my heart; I was planning on killing myself, not turning into...this." She made a disgusted face as she looked at her hands. "I already told my sister that if something happened to me, then she would take over. I was already planning on reuniting with my Lucas, but nope, that all was ruined when Finn couldn't keep his Fangs to himself! So back up plan had to happen and once my fangs came out I jumped through the window."