Chapter 20

Song= This time Around: Tove Lo

"Are you crying?" He asked gently, moving closer to the bed.

I felt another pull on my heart.

Once we left the basement he guided me to the bedroom ignoring guards that would come up to him and try to talk with him, after a couple more stairs he yelled at all of them to leave him alone for the day. He told them he just wanted some alone time with me. He shouldn't have been nice to me! I shouldn't be nice to him. I should hate him! But I couldn't, I just couldn't.

I wiped my face with the back of my hand and replied, "Nope."

Unexpectedly he appeared in front of me and picked me up in his arms, sat on the bed, plopped me on top of his lap, and cradled me in his arms. I was content, and I hated it--I wanted to hate it, but I didn't.

I was fighting with myself.

I excused myself to the bathroom to freshen up, telling him I needed to clean myself up, which wasn't a complete lie, but I also just needed to get away. I needed to breathe without him in my personal space. I stared at my hands seeing the blood fresh from my tears. The feeling of disgust started to build up in my gut. This was all because of Trent, he turned me this way. The day starting to feel longer being in the bathroom, and scrubbing at my face with a towel to try and get the blood off from my face wasn't helping it go by faster.

"Are you okay, Chloe?" Trent gave me a hesitant look as I came out from the bathroom. A constant battle was going on in my head. Trent had just killed those girls, and he had killed more people when I was gone, yet somehow I wasn't screaming at him and trying to fight my way to the exit.

It only took a day for me to feel free, than one more to feel like I was locked up again. It was already feeling like a non winning battle of ever leaving this place.

"Yeah," I said. One word; a start to build his trust.

That's why I am here. I have to keep reminding myself why I'm here.

He walked around me slowly examining every part of my body head to toes. "They don't seem to have hurt you badly; I think it's mostly that I just don't see them because of the vampire healing. You would tell me if they hurt you any way, right?" he hissed through his teeth.

I gave him a questioning look thinking he was talking about when his guards dragged me here, but he was talking about my "kidnappers."

I nodded my head and he sighed in what seemed as relief. He walked up to me and embraced me again, letting my nostrils fill with his spearmint scent and some faint smell of blood that I also enjoyed, which made me disgusted with myself. "They could have done so much worse to you."

I stared at him quizzically. "How would you know—"

He changed the topic. "I should take a shower now; it feels like forever since I have. Would you like to join me?"

"No!" I replied instantly.

"That was a really quick response. Don't you think?" He gave a small chuckle as all I wanted to do was chuck a refrigerator at his head. My feelings did a quick 180 degree turn.

"Finally you two are finally getting along." Kally walked into the bedroom lazily, clearly not applying to Trent's demand about leaving him alone today. "Now you can go take your shower, Trent, while I have some time with this little girly right here. "

I really don't want her to be here. When I was with Jen at dinner I overheard some bad stories about her killing flocks of people with her husband, they saw it as a game. One Man lost his son because of her. I couldn't stand to be around her.