Chapter 18

Song=Monster: Imagine Dragons

"Are you ready to meet my sister?" Jen's voice could be heard all the way from inside the shower.

I didn't get much sleep last night thinking about today. I was being sent back already. Trent was more aggressive this time. He killed his own guards just to find me. The thought made my wrist started to throb more. Like it knew we were going to be with our beloved soon. I already checked to see if Jen had the marking of a beloved on her wrist last night, but she didn't. Finn must have been so engrossed on keeping her alive that he forgot to mark her. So she wasn't connected to him like I was to Trent. She doesn't feel the strong pull like I do.

I jumped out of the shower once the shampoo was completely rinsed out and put on the knee length light blue dress that I wore with grey leggings that had tribal prints on them, and were complemented with small grey boots. Jen had laid out this outfit before I jumped into the shower. She had given me a time limit of how long I could take, but I clearly passed that from how much she was screaming at me to get my butt out the door.

Deciding to let my hair air-dry I grabbed the long off-white coat. The color was also in some parts of the legging so I though it went well together.

Jen wants me to stand out when I reach the castle steps. Her plan is for me to caught by the castle guards and be brought to Trent. There will be a bunch of other guards that have found other girls that they think are me. So I would arrive with all of these other girls. Then Jen described to me how I shouldn't get comfortable with those girls because Trent would kill them. He was only looking for one person, and when he found that person he would dispose of the rest. And I couldn't do anything about it; his mind would already be made up.

"And this is Chloe." Jen introduced me to the girl that was standing beside her.

"I'm so sorry we only have this small time to meet, but I am Rose" The woman held out her hand for me to shake and when I reached out and put my hand in hers she pulled me into a hug. "Thank you for saving my sister."

"She did it all on her own, I was no part of her plan." I stated.

"But you helped her get food and stay safe before her escape, I couldn't have asked for more from you, but you are about to kill Trent and get my parents back, so there is that other favor you are doing all of us." Rose stepped back into the man's arms behind her. That was most likely her husband.

A hand grabbed mine and started dragging me to the tree that I entered this place from. "Now Chloe, there is one more thing I need to tell you before you leave. One of the main reasons why Trent is killing so much is because you are a newly turned vampire, and his beloved," Jen said, turning me around to look at her. We were now standing in front of the familiar tree.

"You are Finn's beloved, so wouldn't he be doing the same thing?" Her facial features dropped.

"You will not mention his name again, and no he would not act the same way because he didn't mark me. Trent marked you."

"And how does that have to do with anything?" I asked, still wondering why saying Finn's name out loud was such a bad thing.

"You're a vampire now, and he marked you as his with his fangs. Now that you're a vampire he expects you to-"

"Mark him as mine with my fangs." I concluded.

"That's correct. And that's why he's been acting so enraged; it seems to be because you weren't there to mark him back. It's like a rejection to him, and the fact that you aren't around also makes it worse. Vampires also have certain scents; a beloved's scent is just stronger than the rest. When Kyle got you out of the bedroom and brought you here he also left part of his scent in the room. So Trent also thinks you were kidnapped. "