Nia's Little Note

I meant to post this earlier...we're here now so whatever.

Since this story is to bring awareness, I thought I take a minute of your time to just explain what has all been happening with Mara.

Mara has Bipolar 1 Disorder, which basically means she's had a manic episode before. A lot of people think of bipolar as mood swings, or this big thing of mania, but it isn't just that. 

It is little little unnoticed things that can matter the most. We witnessed Mara experience hypomania which became a manic depressive episode.

Some of the signs:

- Extreme talkativeness, more so than usual

- Distractibility and racing thoughts that jump about

- A big sense of self-worth, euphoria

- Clinginess to an individual person (unexplained jealousy over Elias)

- Increased activity and big ideas (such as running away)

- Delusions and insomnia.

Just experience three of these symptoms, which Mara did have them all, can mean a manic episode. Manic episodes can last 2-4 months untreated, and a depressive episode can last up to 8 months. Know the signs so you can protect those around you who are like Mara and so many others, all dealing with Bipolar Disorder.

Anyways, now your informed. I hope this helped a little, and maybe you'll find some of the little hints I hid in the previous chapters and some future ones.

Stay Safe ❤

- Nia