Chapter 29

The next day, was in fact, their biggest football game to date.

After I'd gone up against Lucas, we decided to call it a draw and I attempted to avoid him for the rest of the day, although he didn't make it easy.

I didn't like the fact that the girls may be right, so I pushed those feelings as far away as physically possible.

I'd only just broken up with Jake and I didn't need the added drama right now.

After school, the girls had agreed to meet me at the bleachers as they usually did, and I headed straight there after my final lesson of the day.

When I arrived, I immediately spotted Hailey and Leanne in our usual spot, alongside Jamie and Hope, however, they weren't alone.

I felt my chest tighten slightly as I saw that Daisy was sat with my friends and immediately demanded myself to act normally. I wanted to be friends with Daisy, I really did, and I wasn't about to make things awkward between us for no reason.

I took a deep breath and walked up the steps to take a seat beside my cousin.

"Hey guys." I smiled as the seats around us began to fill up.

"Hey Sky." Hailey greeted along with Leanne as Hope gave me a welcoming wave.

"Oh hey Sky, it's so nice to see you again. I hope you don't mind me sitting with you guys!" Daisy smiled back at me.

"Of course not, did your friends not want to come to the game?" I asked.

"No, they're here, they're sat at the front but I just wanted to get to know Lucas's friends a little better, you know? Seeing as I'm going to Hailey's sisters wedding with you guys, I thought it would only be right to get to know you all a little better. You've all been so generous to invite me!"

"It's honestly no problem at all, my sister is happy to have you. As far as she's concerned, the more the merrier." Hailey said.

"That's so sweet!" she replied.

Just as she spoke, my eyes were drawn to the steps of the bleachers where I spotted my parents walking towards us, along with Blade and Ivy.

"Uh oh." I groaned.

"What's wrong?" Daisy asked.

"My parents are coming this way."

"Oh, Blade and Ivy are here too!" Hailey smiled, sending them a wave.

"I'm sorry Ivy and who?" Daisy asked, raising an eyebrow.

It only now registered with me just how strange Blade's name must sound to other people.

"Blade." Leanne and Hailey said bluntly before realisation crossed over their faces.

"They're my parents." Jamie shrugged.

"Don't worry, I had the same reaction. It's just a nickname." Hope smiled.

"That means that they're Lucas's parents!" she panicked slightly. "Should I leave?"

"No, don't be silly! They're super cool, don't worry about it." Hope said.

I mean, she wasn't wrong about the cool part. Blade and Ivy walked into the aisle in front of us alongside my parents. My Dad and Blade were both in their usual attire of leather jackets and my Mom and Ivy both looked as fashionable and classy as always.

My Mom was wearing a gorgeous dark dress which was fitted to her figure, holding a nude handbag which matched her shoes, and Ivy was in a floaty pink designer dress which matched the exact shade of her hair. Honestly, it was hard to believe that any of them were over the age of 30, despite how old they act sometimes.