Chapter 2

*Underline* is in English.

Y/n POV:

"This can't be right. Can't you fix this?" my mother frantically asks the worker at the airport in English. Why English? Well, while I spoke Japanese at home, living in a country that was mostly English required us to do so whenever we were in public. I sigh as I continue to watch my mother almost have another breakdown over the seats. My seat, specifically. Somehow, I had been separated from my family and placed a row behind them when my parents really wanted us to sit together. I didn't see what the big deal was, but my brain was acting fuzzy and confusing some English words with the Japanese ones.

"I'm sorry ma'am. Since the spots next to him seen to be taken up by other passengers, we can't do anything. The spot next to the two seats you booked is also taken up. We can't change seats. Please sort this out with those passengers," the lady tells us, the night shift clearly taking a toll on her energy.

'I swear to fucking god, if my mother becomes one of those women who whine to everyone and who wants to speak to a manager, I will set a city on fire,' I think as I rub my forehead. Swinging my head back and forth, I try to stretch my neck out. 'In hindsight, sleeping while leaning against a wall probably wasn't the best idea,' I consider as I watch my mother turn to face me.

"Y/n," she calls out to me, shaking me out of my trance. This whole experience at the airport like a blur. It was like I didn't remember anything since I got woken up around midnight. The workers at the airport probably thought I was on something because there was no way I looked sober. "We'll figure this out. I'll find some way to get you to sit with us," my mother reassures me as I aggressively blink, trying to find a way to keep them open. Heavily exhaling, I start to feel a pair of eyes on the back of my head.

"You're still on that? I don't mind sitting with strangers. As long as there are no crying children, I'll be fine," I tell her, my voice slightly husky from not speaking. "Seriously, I would rather not bother these people with something so trivial," I say, my brain finally processing what was happening.

Feeling the eyes still on me, I clear my throat and look behind me, hoping not to see a creepy old man staring at me. Much to my surprise, I saw a tall, white-haired man looking right into my eyes. 'Interesting,' is all I think as I started to take note of all his features. His white hair was tied back into a small man bun, sorta like a fictional titan shifter that I knew, except his bangs, which hid his right eye. The small hairs that couldn't be tied back were a bit wavy. Even though his hair was white, he was obviously not old and probably wasn't any older than 20. Looking him up and down, I could tell he was decently built and was probably 6 ft 5 in. He had a medium skin tone and seemed to be of partial Japanese descent. This stranger was wearing a loose-fitting white hoodie and even looser-fitting black sweats. Under his right arm, I saw he was carrying a longboard and a black leather business bag. It was a weird combination to carry onto a plane, but who was I to judge. As my eyes reach his eyes, I notice his one emerald green eye staring back.

'He's wearing the same things I am,' I think as I look down at the large black hoodie and black sweats I had on. However, the major difference between him and I was that he looked like a f*cking model and I looked like I was dragged out of bed and was thrown into a trash can. I look back up at him and meet his eyes once more. 'What is he looking at?' I think after a few seconds of staring, snapping myself out of my trance.

"'Sup dude," is all I say to him before I turn back to my parents, not noticing the scowl the white-head gave me when I did. My father looked like he was dying, though in my state I couldn't tell if it was from lack of sleep or embarrassment. On the other hand, my mother raised one of her eyebrows at my actions as I shrugged my shoulders. "What? Can't say hi to a random stranger?" I ask her, making her sigh.