Chapter 19

Y/n POV:

I let out a loud sigh as I pulled out my phone to check the time once more. '11:55...Ughhhhhhh. What the fuck is taking them so long? Are they having a makeout session or something?' I questioned, leaning my back on the fence behind me. Looking to my right, I stared at the two people who were anxiously staring at a phone. 'The dude must be the one Reki's bringing the board for,' I thought before I turned my head to the left. I scanned through the crowd, looking for any familiar faces. My eyes suddenly stopped at the sight of long, pink hair. 'They look familiar...' Looking them up and down, I took note of their traditional-looking outfit and black face mask. 'Well, now I feel unoriginal with my face mask.' A small pout came to my covered mouth while I unintentionally continued to stare at the unknown person. Without warning, a pair of gold eyes bore back into my own. 'Damn, this is such a main character moment... Pfftt...' I chuckled to myself while I broke eye contact with the stranger.

The sudden sound of wheels screeching and yelling brought me back to reality. "Sorry for the wait! I'm from DOPE SKETCH!" Looking towards the couple from earlier, I immediately saw the familiar person with a mop of red hair holding out a bag. Without any thought, I stood up straight and walk towards my friend. I also noticed Langa heading towards them after he parked the motorcycle. Giving him a small nod, I looked back at Reki who had the board bag ripped out of his hand. Once reached him, I placed my chin on his shoulder and let out a loud sigh.

"What took you so long?" I whispered, making him slightly flinch before staring at the rude couple with a bitter look. I got off and stood next to him, watching the couple's reaction as Langa reached us.

"I put your name on it!"

"You didn't!"

'And I have anime stickers... We're so quirky...' I chuckled at my thought before I was interrupted by gasps. Looking down at the couple, my eyes widened once I saw the run-down skateboard in the board bag. 

"WAHHHHHHHHH!" Reki cried out in shock, making me bite my lip to hold back my laughter.

"What is this thing!" The lady asked, her screechy voice sounding like nails on a chalkboard. Her boyfriend gripped the raggedy board, his anger aura making me slightly nervous. I took a small step forward, hoping things weren't going to turn into a fistfight.

"What is this old scrap?! What happened to my board?!" The dude yelled at Reki, who was still recovering from the initial shock. From the look on his face, I could tell the only words running through his brain were "I screwed up".

"What are you gonna do for us!" The lady screeched, making me slightly wince.

"There's no way I can skate on a shabby board like this!" The man shouted before he threw the board on the ground. I angrily hummed while I put my and on Reki's shoulder, knowing he was going to do something reckless. 

As expected, Reki glared at the dude as if he was about to beat the living shit out of him. 

"W-what do you want?! Got something to bitch about?!" The man yelled at Reki, making a scowl grow on my face.

"Actually, I do-" I started to retort before I felt Reki slap a hand over my mouth. Despite me wearing a mask, I was sure there would be a red handprint on my face. Looking to my left, I sent my friend, making him quickly remove his hand. Without any warning, Reki placed his right hand on my back and forced me to apologetically bow to the couple. "Reki, I swear to god-" Reki cut me off as he joined me in 'apologizing'.

"I'm sorry! My friend is too! I'll go get it right away!" Reki shouted, making me loudly sigh. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it once I heard a disgustingly familiar voice ring out behind us.