Chapter 10

Credit to trans.sender on Tik Tok. She created a few videos on tips for beginner skateboarders which I will be using in this chapter and probably in future chapters. Sorry, I just want to place credit where credit is due.

Enjoy!

Longer Chapter

Underline is in English

Y/n POV:

"SABRINAAAA!!! WHAT DO I DO?!!!" I shout at my phone, not realizing my call wasn't connected yet. "Oops... Now I look an idiot," I bluntly say as I blankly stare at the 'connecting' screen. I stifle a yawn as I look over at my car's clock.

'12:56 am. So it should be almost 10 am there,' I think as I look around the dark car. Since there was no reason to stick around skaters or an area I didn't know, I drove back home. Once I got there and parked on the road outside my house, I started to freak about the beef I had gotten myself into when I even know how to skate. After having a mini-panic attack in the car, my rational part of my brain came up with a solution. 'Her new partner taught her how to skate if I'm not mistaken' I consider as my call suddenly connected and the car was filled with a bright light.

"You do realize you're supposed to be in school right now and shouldn't be calling me in the middle of class, right? I haven't changed your ringtone since we broke up so it's still set to you screaming the Ouran High School Host Club theme song! I'm now sitting in a bathroom stall because I couldn't shut the thing up!! What the hell, dude?!!" I hear a familiar feminine whisper-shout at me as my eyes adjust to the phone's brightness. "Are you in a closet or something? Why is it so dark?!" Sabrina questions as I start at her visible features on my screen. She still had gorgeous chocolate brown eyes and darker toned skin, but it seemed she bleached her black hair so that her bangs were blonde. Even though I couldn't see anything below her neck, I could tell she still was one of the cutest girls I've ever met. Not to mention one of the sweetest and kindest. It was a shame that we couldn't make things work out, but it was for the best. We never did anything scandalous and, if anything, we only acted like close friends when we were together.

"Japan. It's like 1 am here. I guess I didn't get the chance to tell you that I was moving," I tell her as a smirk makes its way to my face. "Sooo...Did you miss me? We haven't spoken in like 7 months," I ask, my eyebrows suggestively moving up and down. She rolls her eyes, making me chuckle. "How's Praxis?" I say, bringing up her new partner who I had seen in a few of her social media posts.

"I don't think you've ever talked to xem. Why are you even asking?" Sabrina asks, sounding annoyed. We have a short glaring contest before she gives up with a sigh. "Xe's doing well... But I don't think you called me to ask that. What do you want?" she questions as I let out a long yawn.

"Praxis taught you how to skate, right? I mean I also tried to teach you how to skate, but I didn't know to either and ended up crashing into my neighbour's car. Not the point. So did xe teach you?"I question, my voice sounding slightly desperate. She raises a confused eyebrow before giving me a nod. "Do you have any tips or websites I could use to learn myself? I'm in a bit of a tight spot right now," I ask, hoping she wouldn't want me to beg.

"I have a few videos I can share with you, but what do you mean by "a tight spot"? What did you do?" Sabrina asks, her voice sounding utterly bewildered by my questions.

"Y'know how I have a weird tendency to piss people off, especially store workers?" I say, trying to find the right words for my situation. "Long story short, I made someone mad and now they want to have a skateboarding competition. And I don't know if you know this, but I don't know how to skate," I tell her as memories of us sitting on my skateboard and riding down hills come back to my mind once more. I smile at the memories before a small frown makes its way to my face.