Chapter 16

For this chapter, I'm gonna do something a little different and write it from Iwai's POV. It will also start from the point where Shadow and Iwai ride away from Y/n. Like before, I'm slightly changing the layout of S. Please enjoy!

E/c= eye colour

New Trick: Fire Cracker. By using this trick, skaters can ride downstairs. To accomplish this, the rider balances their weight out on their back wheels while riding down each stair. The result, when done by a professional, looks like the rider is simply riding down a flat surface, instead of a staircase. A gif for visual learners below. (In the future, I'll be including gifs when introducing new tricks)

 (In the future, I'll be including gifs when introducing new tricks)

Iwai POV:

"Aww... But I thought we were having a moment. Don't skate away from your feelings!" Y/n laughs at Shadow, successfully aggravating the older man. I slightly glare at Shadow, all my emotions clashing as Y/n's words leave his lips.

'God damn it, Y/n. Do you purposefully piss people off or is that a part of your personality?' I angrily question him in my head as I unconsciously start riding faster, leaving Y/n in the dust. 'What a fucking ass,' I curse in my head, my board steadily catching up to Shadows.

"So now it's just you and me, Pan," Shadow shouts at me as I pull up beside him, my board riding left of his. Raising a confused eyebrow, I look over my shoulder and expect Y/n to be right behind us. Much to my surprise, he was nowhere in sight.

"Hmm... it seems so," I reply as I looked back forward. Despite the calm exterior that I was wearing, red alarms kept going off in my head. All my instincts told me that he was being idiotic and not riding his board properly, but I simply ignored them. "He'll be fine," I blankly say, purposefully keeping my speed down so Y/n could still have a chance to catch up to us. Even though he completely sucked ass, something told me he had some sort of undiscovered potential within him. I refused to believe it was pure coincidence that he choose Y/n out of the many skaters he could have chosen. Y/n must have some sort of talent hidden away...

'However, with the potential comes the risk...' I considered, lazily kick-flipping over a large rock in the middle of the path. A flash of memory comes back to my mind for a brief second, almost sending chills down my spine. Blue hair... a white theatre mask... and a toothy grin. 'There is no doubt about it... That freak has set his eyes on Y/n...' I visibly cringe at the mere idea of that monster eyeing Y/n up and down.

"What a surprise. Dionysus wiped out."

"Called it."

"You owe me money."

My eyes widen as the crowd's words rang in my ears. "Never mind. That little fucker fell off his skateboard. He's hopeless," I bluntly tell Shadow, earning a loud laugh from the man.