Chapter 7

Chapter 7 is dedicated to _little_beankid

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

HARLOW
Age: 19

ZAYNE
Age: 30

---------------------------------------------------------
"Let's get this started already."

Raúl was complaining to Kevin as we stepped into the room. His eyes landed on me and his face lit up with a smile.

"Princesa, viniste." (Princess, you came)

"Si, estoy aquí." (Yes, I am here)

I went over to where he was sitting. I noticed Ashton on the other side of the room, but he gave no indication that he knew I was there. I tried to shake off the anger and sadness that I felt and settled in between Raúl and Kristof.

Ashton was talking to Kevin and Jun. Kevin wore a perpetual scowl whenever Ashton addressed him. They hadn't been on good terms since the break-up. I groaned internally, feeling like I was the cause of everything bad that was happening.

Why couldn't my bad luck just affect me alone? Why did it have to extend to everyone else and make them unhappy too?

The doors opened again and two people I'd never seen before stepped in. One was an older man and the other was a young woman. The man had grey tufts of hair at the front of his head and his jaw was set in a stern appearance.

The woman was younger. She looked about the same age as us, maybe just a year older. Her blonde hair was cropped short against her angular face. She would be considered pretty, if not for the silent, disagreeable frown resting on her face.

"They're the strategists working with Jun," Raúl informed me.

They quietly took up their position beside Jun who nodded to them. The woman handed something to him, and just under her short sleeve, I caught sight of the same symbol that was also tattooed on Jun's arm. So she was a part of that group too.

"Since we're all here now, let's begin," Ashton started, but was interrupted by the door opening again.

CaVaughn stepped in and closed the door behind him. He and Ashton seemed to have some conversation in their minds, but after a few seconds, CaVaughn waved him off and sat down.

"I'm doing this too."

"But you can't even shift," Ashton protested.

CaVaughn stared at him, but instead of his usual empty eyes, there was a new light burning. "Jackson was my friend long before any of this. He might have lost his way, but that doesn't change that fact. I should have known that this would have happened sooner or later. I know that I can't shift, but I'm still an Alpha Origen. You know my abilities. Do you think I'll be a liability?"

Ashton closed his eyes, with a sigh. "Why is it that no-one will listen? Suit yourself. You've been training, I know you're strong."

CaVaughn looked satisfied. His green eyes connected with mine and I gave him a small wave. He stared at me for a few seconds before reciprocating the gesture. He didn't seem to know about the break-up as yet.

"Most of you already know them, but let me introduce the strategists working with Jun," Ashton continued coolly. "This is Zayne," he said, motioning to the man. "And Harlow," he said, motioning to the woman. "If you have any questions, ask Jun or one of them."

He returned to his seat at the center and Jun made his way to the front of the room.

"Yo."

I had to stifle a chuckle at his carefree greeting. The boy who was always getting kicked out of meetings, was now leading one. Jackson would be proud.