Chapter 19

Chapter 19 is dedicated to MaisieKinyua and Crazygirl_3105 and rairai0110

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

I could feel my eyebrows furrow as I stared at the formation that Harlow was drawing on the board. I kept getting distracted by the string of new tattoos that she'd gotten recently. She had been proudly showing them off to Raúl earlier, boasting that she had done them herself.

The two of them were an unlikely duo. Raúl found it fun to tease Harlow and she tried her best not to kill him. Although he did have to dodge a few knives yesterday...

"This is you." She pointed at the first X. "And this is Prince CaVaughn. Jun will be at the other side all the way over there, but by the time you encounter Malekh, he will meet up with your team."

I nodded. She narrowed her eyes at me. "Any questions?"

"Nope. I understand."

She seemed pleased with that and nodded to Zayne who took over the rest of the explanations. There was still no new information about Jackson, but we couldn't just sit and do nothing while we waited.

I ignored Ashton through the entire meeting and after it ended, I swiftly went through the door. Going downstairs, I tried to put some distance between me and CaVaughn. I didn't care what Hailey thought, but I didn't want to drag him into any drama. Eventually, Beau came over to talk to him and I slipped away from the conversation.

"Hello everyone!" Hailey chirped as we came downstairs. She was wearing a pink apron and matching hat. In her hands she held a tray of somewhat burned cookies. "Please, have one," she invited.

I glanced at the cookies. Blueberry.

"I didn't make them for you, silly," she laughed. "I'm trying to make friends with everyone else too."

Hailey set the tray down and then sat on the couch, wedging herself in between me and Raúl who frowned and then scooted over. He tried continuing the conversation we were having, but she cut him off, turned her back to me and started chatting with him about something else instead.

I gave him an apologetic smile and went over to where Jun and Kristof were, but as soon as Jun started going over the plan with me, Hailey appeared by my side again.

She kept doing that during the next few days, coming between any and everyone I tried to talk to.

Weeks ago at the spa, she had told me about her family. It was hard for her being the youngest of six sisters. They had ostracized her and she'd spent most of her childhood alone. That was why she'd been so happy when the king selected her to marry Ashton.

She thought she would finally have someone who loved her. That was why I tried to be patient with her, but her behavior was starting to get on my nerves and everyone else's too.

"Can you speak Chinese?" she asked, pulling me away from Jun and smiling at him.

"No."

"But you're Chinese aren't you?"

Jun rolled his eyes and walked off.

"It's rude of you to assume that," Bianca scolded her. "He's Japanese."

"They all look the same to me." She shrugged, completely unapologetic.

The temperature in the room went down several degrees.