Chapter 41

Chapter 41 is dedicated to wontleavemybed and Lesha2202 and _Rinne02_

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your support ❤-----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

MALEKH LUCIANO (King of the Spade Kingdom)
Age: 27

ROSALINE DAMARIS
Age: 209

CYRENA DAMARIS
Age: 24

----------------------------------------------------------
Three Years Later- Winter

Malekh’s POV

Immortality is a fate worse than death. Immortality is nothing more than an illusion. A dream chased after by humans who can’t begin to imagine how long it spans and how immensely boring it is to truly realize there is no end to it.

Perhaps I understood in that moment why she longed to see the end, and why I traded her end for my beginning. A beginning without an end.
------------♤------------

I watched as the golden sun sank lower to kiss the frost covered mountains overlooking the palace.

There were many things I could endure, but few I could ignore. The voices of people who cried out for help were one of the things I couldn’t turn a blind eye to. The kingdom of Crysauralia reeked of the exploitation of the weak and vulnerable. It had been three years since I’d given Crysauralia an ultimatum. Change or fall.

They’d managed to turn themselves around and I was pleasantly surprised. Under King Caden, they’d even acquired Cothe and became an empire. The Crysauralian Empire had a bit of a ring to it. I liked it even.

I’d keep my promise to them. They would be safe. Demetri didn’t like that. For him, peace was never an option. He yearned for revenge against Emperor Caden DeLorentes. He had left the Spade Kingdom and was out clearing his head, but I knew he would return.

Jackson was still with us. I could still sense his loyalty to his former kingdom. I knew he didn’t want their destruction. Demetri never trusted him, but I knew he wouldn’t cross us. He was relieved that the royal family hadn’t made a total fool of themselves and he was fine with allowing Ashton to get away with breaking his promise.

He never hated Elizabeth. In fact, he liked her a lot. He and I saw the same thing in her— although I could see far more. How perfect she was for Ashton, a prince prone to idiocy.

Still, I believed he would make a good king… or emperor. After all, I would be watching, and thanks to my new abilities I wouldn’t be going away anytime soon.

“What’s on your mind, Malekh?”

I turned around to see Rosaline standing in the doorway. A slight smile played on her lips.

“Everything and nothing.”

“As usual, you make no sense,” she sighed, coming into the room. “Luca will be here soon. Are you ready to see him?”

“You always have so many questions, Rose.”

“Because your mind is a cavern of mystery, even to me. Now, are you prepared to see him?”

“Yes.”

“Good.”

“Where’s Cyrena?”

“Probably watching paint dry somewhere. You know how she is.”

“I need her.” I stood up, but she quickly blocked my path.

“What do you need her for? I’m here.”

“Can you see visions?”

She sighed, placing a hand on my chest. “Is that the only reason why you seek her out?”

I searched her eyes. She was becoming impatient.

“Are you upset because I don't rely only on you anymore?”

She blinked and moved away from me. “No… I just…” she trailed off.

“I have my abilities under control.”

“But this is Luca you're dealing with. He's far more powerful than you believe. I am worried that you're underestimating him.”

“Let me worry about that.”

She nodded and stepped back.

“Tell your brother Demetri not to come back for now, because I just saw a vision and Luca hates him.” Cyrena stepped though the door with a bright grin. “Hi, Rose.”

Rosaline rolled her eyes at Cyrena’s sunny countenance. “Call me Rosaline.”

“Don’t be that way, sister.” Cyrena nudged her with her elbow.

Well, she wouldn’t have to worry about Luca getting along with Demetri. Three Origins were already too much for him to stand. He wouldn’t be sticking around to meet a fourth one.

“And Jackson?” Rosaline probed. “How will Luca react to him?”

Cyrena's brows furrowed in concentration as she tried to see another vision. After a few minutes, she gave up with a sigh. “Sorry, that’s as far as I can see.”

“You are good for nothing,” Rosaline sighed, returning to her place on the couch.

“And your super speed is real useful, isn’t it?” Cyrena snapped back with a pout. “I’m trying my best here.”

“Ladies, don’t fight,” I interceded.

Dealing with Origins was hard. Keeping them happy was even harder.

“You’re making Malekh upset,” Rosaline growled.

“No, I’m not. You keep complaining about everything I do. For two hundred and nine years old, you’re acting like a child.”

“Leave my age out of this.” Rosaline sniffed. “I’m one hundred at heart.”

“Ha!”

“You haven’t even lived for fifty years. You should start showing me some respect.”

Then, they started bickering again. I left them to it. There was no stopping them when they got to it. I roamed the halls, searching for another quiet place to escape the two of them.

Jackson was probably in his room, passing the evening as he usually did.

Luca coming here would mark the start of something new; a new beginning for me. In a life without ending, beginnings were all I could look forward to.

Perhaps I also did things because I was bored. I became tired of things fairly quickly. Hopefully, Luca would be able to provide some entertainment for a while.

CaVaughn will be surprised. The rise of the Origins was coming soon.
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies! Thanks for reading!

This is the first chapter after the three year time skip! Allow me to introduce Rosaline and Cyrena, our newest characters!

Fortunately, the kingdom of Crysauralia managed to turn themselves around and avoid war. But how long will this period of peace last?

Who could Luca be? And what business does he have with Malekh?

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the next chapter!