Chapter 18

Chapter 18 is dedicated to _my_nam3_is and turquiosequeen

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth's POV

"You look stunning!" I complimented Callie when I saw her.

She wore a gold empire waist dress and her titian hair was neatly styled in an elegant bun. My friends were so beautiful! I chatted with Daniel too and then Diana and Kristof came over. They congratulated each other on finding their soulmates.

Diana wore an amber dress which popped wonderfully against her skin. She and Kristof complemented each other perfectly, and they were all smiles throughout the night.

Millions of tiny fairy lights illuminated the outdoors venue where the party was being held. Kevin had reunited with me after delivering the rings, and for every side glance he gave me, I tried to make my smile more convincing. My cheeks were starting to hurt.

I willed myself to stop looking around for Ashton. He was probably somewhere with Hailey, being all happy. Lucky him. He didn't have to feel worried or jealous. I'd been feeling pretty sad after my little run in with her and then some guys had come to hit on me, and that didn't help my mood one bit.

I'd been so relieved when the breeze decided to be on my side and blew that guy away. If I'd had to listen to him brag about his 'absolutely perfect muscles' for another minute, I'd have pulled my hair out.

Beau and Bianca came to greet everyone who had found their soulmates. They grinned at all the happy new couples, remembering the first time that they had met.

"Here," Kevin said, handing me a glass of wine. "Non-alcoholic, just the way you like it."

I grinned and took a sip. It tasted exquisite. We talked as the night progressed, dancing a little too. He suspected that there was something more lurking under my happy façade, but respected my attempt at feigning happiness. He wouldn't ask until the night was over. For now, he was keeping my mind occupied.

"Of course I'm stronger than a lion," he laughed.

"You're taller, but they're still pretty dangerous," I mused.

"Bet."

I laughed at his bravery of even thinking of stepping to a lion. I remembered seeing the fight between Armani and those Betas. It had been short but terrifying. I knew that they were capable of doing a lot of damage.

But seeing him smiling in front of me, made him feel more human than Origen; more breakable. Well, that was probably just me.

"Lions aside," he leaned down to whisper in my ear, "It's the moment we've all been waiting for."

I looked around to where he was pointing. Beau who had been dancing with Bianca, nervously led her to the centre of the venue. She looked surprised, but followed him all the same. He exhaled and then got down on one knee, producing the ring box.

Bianca's hands flew to her mouth as he opened the box and she realized what was happening. Everyone watched in awe as the orchestra played a beautiful song in the background.

"Bianca Denise Slater, for the past four years of my life I have considered myself the luckiest and happiest man on the planet. I never knew that I could love someone as much as I love you. You've been there for me through the ups and the downs, through the good times and the bad times, and everything else in between. I know without a doubt in my mind that there is no-one else I want to spend the rest of my life with."