Chapter 23

Chapter 23 is dedicated to xXxJo355xXx and Lauren507744 and lzbth_jd

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

“Achoo!” I sneezed.

“Hey, don’t get me sick,” Ashton complained.

“This is your fault.” I glared at him accusingly as Bianca pushed a cup of tea into my hands.

“It’s your fault that you get sick so easily,” he taunted, clinking his can of soda with my tea.

I grumbled as I sipped the hot tea.

Kevin grinned at me from his spot on the other side of the room where Raúl and Jun were bickering again.

“What did you say? I can’t hear you from all the way up here.” Raúl smirked.

Jun narrowed his eyes and then kicked him squarely in the shin. Raúl bit back a curse as he clutched his foot.

“They’re still bullying me,” Jun sighed, plopping down beside me and resting his head on my chest.

“Get off her,” Ashton growled, shoving his head away.

“He’s just a kid,” I said, hugging Jun who smiled innocently.

I had gotten a lot closer to Jun. I'd sat him down this morning to talk about how he was feeling. I remembered Harlow saying something about him wanting to die and it made me feel really sad.

I reminded him that his life was precious even if he didn’t think it was. Even if no-one seemed to care about him, the most important thing was that he never gave up on himself.

When you give up completely, that was when you really lost. Each and every life on Earth was valuable and although he might not see the reason now, eventually he would. I considered everybody special in their own way and if anyone was feeling like Jun, I would cheer them on.

Sometimes the people who were cheering for you were the ones you couldn’t see or hear. And in that silence, hate and depression were the loudest. But there was at least one person somewhere hoping that you wouldn’t give up, hoping that you could be happy. Hoping that you would have hope.

Jun had opened up a little. Only a tiny bit. But it was enough for me because it was a start. He was just thirteen and he was already a million times stronger than I could ever hope to be, but at the same time he still had his insecurities and fears too. In the end, all I could see was the energetic little kid.

“He knows what he’s doing,” Ashton growled, narrowing his eyes at Jun who grinned back a little too tauntingly for his liking and Jun gracefully evaded the smack Ashton sent his way.

I hugged him to me, glaring at Ashton, who all but pouted at me with wide eyes. “You think he’s so innocent.”

“Leave my baby alone.”

He scoffed. “I don’t remember having a kid like him.”

“Who says he’s your kid?”

I sipped my tea as Ashton sputtered in disbelief and then sulked his way out of the room. Jun grinned.

“Kris, let’s fight!” he said, bounding over to Kristof as soon as he came into the room.

Kristof grimaced, probably remembering the last time he'd taken Jun up on an offer like that. “I’ll pass.”

The Prince's Fiancée | ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें