Slipping away

-----

It was Thursday and i remembered that i have to meet Wade at Crambled Mix by 5pm. I looked at my wristwatch, it's only two twenty. I still have a lot of time to hang out with Gray. My classes ended early because the professor is not up.

I walked at Architecture Building. Gray's taking up Architectural while i took up Business Management.

I immediately saw Gray on their hall. It's a good thing that Gray is popular--everyone can tell her whereabouts. I raised an eyebrow noticing Dawn is there also. I thought they have class until three thirty?

"Hey, Kristen!" Gray waved at me upon seeing my pretty face. I waved back and sit across her table. There's a drawing tablet scattered on the table. She's doing layouts.

"What brought you here? Your girlfriend's not in trouble?"

I choose to overheard her remarks. I didn't went here for a fight. I turned to Dawn instead, "I thought you have classes until three thirty?"

She raised an eyebrow and shook her head. "Nah, it's thursday. Classes are up until two."

I frowned. Why would Rain lie to me?

"Why!?" Dawn asked suspiciously. I just gave her a shrug. She tossed her right hand to me silently saying don't lie to me.

"Lorraine goes with the bitches. I've heard they'll be checking out a hot guy from the Accounting department." Dawn supplied.

"D-do you know the name?" I asked eagerly. Really, Rain will never get tired chasing hot guys.

"No." She shook her head. "But i've heard he's popular. He just topped the class, a typical brain and looks guy."

I nodded my head trying to guess who. But i don't know anyone in the Accounting Department except Wade. Maybe i could asked him. If that guy just topped the class, for sure Wade will know him.

Gray make a tsk.tsk sound. I glare at her. She chuckles. "Aren't tired chasing and waiting?"

"Aren't you tired pointing out and teasing?" I asked back. She lifts up the corner of her lips and smirked.

"Why, why, my dearest friend. What happened to your i fucked not fall in love famous line? That'd made my day. At least i'm pretty sure that your heart is still intact."

I cursed in silence and gave her a dirty grin. "Yea, that will also make my day. Why don't i worked it off with Dawn instead?"

"What the fuck, Campbell!!" Gray cursed and throw me bloody dagger gazes. If looks can kill, i'm pretty sure i'm lying dead now. Dawn gave me an annoyed look. She sure has a thing for Gray only. I can't help but feel envy.

I stand up and grabbed my bag. I'll just wait in the Crambled Mix until Wade arrived.

"You're getting nowhere, Kristen. Just let it go." Gray shouts as i take my pace. I covered my ears. She keeps saying that ever since.

---

After a couple of hours, i spotted Wade entering the coffee house. A smile formed his lips as he sees me.

"Hey, have you been waiting too long!?" He asked as soon as he reached my table. He slipped his bag in the empty chair.

"Nope, just came in a few minutes." I lied. For sure i'll embarass him if i said i have been here for a couple of hours.