One less lonely girl

All pain heals so let yourself heal.

I don't know how long i'm staring at the picture frame on the bedside table. That's the first thing i saw when i opened my eyes this morning. It is a picture of Ken and I, hugging each other while smiling goofily in the camera. She insisted to put it in my bedside table so i would see it early in the morning everyday.

It's the best way to start up a day!

I sit up on my bed and reached for my phone. I got my 6th 'goodmorning' from Ken. It is our 7th day. 93 more days remaining!

I read the message from Dawn saying she'll drop by to lend me her notes. I am not writing lectures in the class that's why i borrowed her notes so i could do the reviewing for our incoming exams. I immediately got out of my bed and took a quick shower. I was done when i heard the knock on my door. I hurriedly head on the front door to open it. Dawn greeted me with her usual gentlest smile.

"Come inside Dawn!" I invited her in as I held the door opened widely. She ease inside. "Where's Gray?"

"Uhm.. She says she'll be with your girlfriend." Seriously? Why didn't i know that? "Gray just texted me few minutes ago, for sure Kristen did text you the same." She offered as if sensing my predicament. I just nod absent-mindedly and pick up my phone to check. True, there's a message from Ken, I'll be having a lunch date with Gray. Promise to drop by later. :)

"Did she texted you?" Dawn asked. I glance up her way and nod. I motioned her the couch.

"I'll just get us something. Have you eaten breakfast?"

"Yep. No need to bother." She says as she took out her notebooks and books.

"Are you sure? I haven't eaten yet so i'll gonna have pancakes." I offered. I noticed that she warmed up hearing pancakes.

"With choco syrup on top?" She grinned which makes me smile.

"Uh-hmmm." I nod. That makes her jump out of the couch and pushed me in the kitchen. I laughed at her childishness.

I took out the box of the pancake mix and started preparing it. Dawn simply sit on the chair and watch me do it.

"I am a mess in the kitchen." She admits.

"Don't worry, i can do it alone." I assured her while giving her a smile.

"That's good!"

"Why?" I asked, my eyes are still fix in the mixing bowl.

"Kristen enrolled herself in a cooking class." She says as she leans on the table. "She's a terrible cook ever since. I don't know how the class went in. I bet it wasn't normal though, the last time she cooks, her pasta looks like a pesticide. And Gray being her ever loyal friend has been her first trial. Poor Gray, she had to endure the hospital's nightmare because she suffered a food poison. I almost kill your girlfriend."

I laughed at that. I know very well that Ken is not made for cooking but her persistence to learn is so overwhelming.

"Why i haven't heard that?" I said while i heat the pan.

"Gray's parents insists not to make it an issue. You know how much they adore Kristen. Besides Gray doesn't seem to mind it at all. She really loves Kristen."

I swallowed the lump on my throat. Did she know that her girlfriend loved Ken?

"I know that!" She admitted. I glance on her direction. She smiled at me. "Gray never kept secrets from me. She confessed that she loved Kristen back then. Well, everyone loves Kristen. But when she met me, she then realized that what she felt for your girlfriend is a mere affection of attachment. She has been with her ever since they were five. They grew up together literally. Kristen has been her constant companion through years and that crept her out. That's why when Kristen met you, she panicked! She thought she'll going to lose her. That explains her actions. She thought saying she loves her will make Kristen stay with her. But when she met me, that enlightened her perception about 'love' and 'attachment'. She can now differentiate the two."

Affection of attachment? Constant companion?

I can't explain the heavy beating of my heart. I felt the knots twitching in my stomach. Gosh, Rain! Stop thinking anything. You know the truth in the first place but you choose to delved yourself deeper on this mess. Cards were laid in the table and you know you'll gonna lose in the end but you still choose to play. Stop complaining!

"Hey, are you okay?" Dawn asked worriedly.

I assured her with a smile. "Yep!"

She stood up and walked in my direction. She gave me a bear hug. "Don't let anything block your real feelings." She whispered.

-----

When Dawn left after an hour, i busied myself in reviewing for our incoming exams. I have to get a high score because I'm planning to apply for scholarship this school year. Now that i found out about Ken's secret,i have to help myself. I just cross my fingers hoping that Gray wouldn't interfere. Lendramar Foundation owned half of the shares of the school and offers the scholarship.

I started writing notes when my phone rang. Unknown number!

"Hel---"

I wasn't even able to finished greeting when i was rudely cut. "You, bitch! Why don't you just stay away from Kristen? Stop using her!"

Mandy! And where did this bitch get my number?

"Why don't you just mind you're own business? Ken and I are both consenting adults and whatever we have is none of your filthy business!"

"Hah! And you really think she's into you?!" Mandy yelled.

"And you really think you can separate us by that?" I mocked. "Sorry, bitch! I've waited for this all my life and i wouldn't blow this chance. Ken is mine now. What makes you think I'll let her go after all we've been through?"

"Then enjoy it while it lasts!" She mocked. Good thing that i am not facing her because if she does, I'll make sure to scratch her pretty face.

"Yeah, sure bitch!! " I yelled and hang up. Damn that woman! Why does she have to mess up everything? Ken's mine!!

I tried to concentrate back on reviewing my notes which i succeeded. The last thing i want to happen is to failed in my subjects. Sure that i am not a scholar-type but i never once got into the bottom list.

----