Death

Never ever act in between the person you love and the person you care about. Just stand in the middle but don't favor one than the other--- or you'll lose them both.

-------

Ken's POV

Aunt Margaux' wake has been solemn, attended by few people; merely immediate family and some close friends. I wonder how a nice person like her has few friends. She could have a thousand friends but she opted few, only those who are true and not those who talk behind her back.

Apparently, all i could feel is the loneliness of the aura but somehow contented, that finally, the woman left with so much certainty and that she's now where she should be. I don't talk about heavens and earth for I don't believe in such. But somehow, I do believe there's someone powerful enough that cluster things in line.

Rain and Mandy has been civil to one another for almost three days now. They are acting like how a matured adult handles thing like this. Maybe because they were hurting enough and they don't want to cause more pain to each other.

Rain's Mom never left Aunt Margaux' side. She was been beside the coffin since the first night upto until now. Her eyes is beaten red that contrast a smile in her face. She seems out of herself but somehow lift off herself; her physical body on earth but her heart was nowhere. Maybe because she had just lost her beloved wife. For now, it's easy to grasp the thought, but after all of this was done, the wake, the burial and all stuffs, it is until then you could truly feel the never ending pain. I could picture myself on her when in time I lose Rain--- of course, I'm not referring to afterlife. I'm just pertaining to the end of the 100 days privilege I was lucky to had. 

"H-Hey, are you alright?" I asked Rain beside me as she yawn. Her face mirrors no sleep for years, having dark circles under her eyes and her face a little pale.

Rain nods and lean on my shoulder. She's having a hard time digesting things. Surely, she has been acquainted to the woman for a short period of time she was with her. I can't blame her though, Aunt Margaux was nice and all.

"D-do you think sh--she'll..." A tear fell on her eyes as her voice cracked.

"Sshhh. . It's alright. "I console her and pull her into a hug. Rain took a deep breath to steady her shaky tone and compose herself.

"K-ken?"

"Hmmm?"

"D-do you think she'll be in heaven?"

I looked at her with awe and decided to paint a fake mask just to make her feel a little better.

"O-Of course!" I nearly congratulate myself when my voice didn't buckle up.

Rain lifted her gaze on me with the innocence of the child.

"She's a Dyke..I thought there's no place in heaven for that kind.."

"Then don't label her.." I whispered slowly so she could catch up to what i was to say. "People are people. And if Your God creates all mankind and loves His creation, then He must probably loves Aunt Margaux as well."

"But it was said that God only created man and woman. "

I gently pat her head and kiss her temple.

"What I mean is that don't complicate things. If she feels like a woman that is attracted to a woman, then she's a woman. And if she feels like a man, then she's a man. Forget about gender. It was only meant to classify what bathroom to use, or what should be written in a piece of paper, or what line you should fall into, or whatever purposes it may serve--- but love and humanity. Gender ain't supposed to tell whom you could just fall in love with, or what shoes or clothes you could wear. We're all dynamic. We're all humans. And being humans mean more than dressing accordingly, acting accordingly, following what was norm and what was dictated by the society. Human is being humane, if cannot be compassionate. Respectful if cannot be gentle. And i guess, that already falls in the category. "